MWI light doesn't stop flashing after message cleared

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
wysiwyg
Just Passing Thru

MWI light doesn't stop flashing after message cleared

Post by wysiwyg »

I setup the phone service on my Aastra 9143i phone line. Everything works fine and I left myself a message. The light telling me I had a message came on and I listened and deleted the message. The light has never stopped flashing and the stuttered tone can still be heard on the line. It's been like 10 mins now that the message has been cleared. I dialed my voicemail again and there are no new message in the mailbox.

Any suggestions?
Krazie243
Active Poster

Re: MWI light doesn't stop flashing after message cleared

Post by Krazie243 »

It might be possible that the deleted message still occupies space on the voicemail server. Could you call one of our tech agents and provide them with your number so that we could locate your account and check to make sure messages are being properly deleted from the system?
Curtis Smale
Student of Wilfrid Laurier University
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Post by FONGO_kris »

What are the three options under "Message Waiting Indicator Line" in the GUI when you log into the IP Phone via the computer?
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
wysiwyg
Just Passing Thru

Post by wysiwyg »

I'm really sorry for the late response. I was in the process of moving and didn't get a chance to look into it until now. I received another message and have the same problem.

I'm not using the soft client nor have it installed on my computer. Do I need to do so in order to change the notification options? I use a SIP phone (aastra 9143i).

The light blinks (and get studdered tone). I listen to message, delete it. But the light never goes away until I reboot the phone. Weird, eh? It's like it's getting the MWI indication, but doesn't get the signal to remove it.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Post by FONGO_kris »

Yes, what I was saying is to enter the phones IP into the URL search bar in your browser to enter the configuation page and fiddle with the MWI settings.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2