Javascript Error on FPL followme admin page

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Jake
Technical Support

Javascript Error on FPL followme admin page

Post by Jake »

When I try to change the followme settings in my admin area I get a javascript error
Error: fmeNumbersSection is null
Source File: http://freephoneline.ca/js/followMe.js
Line: 16
Is this because you are putting in for us to be able to forward calls to a sip address??

Thanks, Jake.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: Javascript Error on FPL followme admin page

Post by FONGO_kris »

I just tried it on my Linux machine and it worked, try uninstalling Jave RE and install v10 it should work fine after rebooting.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

admin wrote:I just tried it on my Linux machine and it worked, try uninstalling Jave RE and install v10 it should work fine after rebooting.
Sorry admin, maybe I didn't make myself as clear as I could, or maybe I am not understanding what you wrote.

I am talking about on your website on this page http://freephoneline.ca/followMeSettings not from the softphone. I use an ATA so I don't run the softphone.

Do I still need to re-install Java to get the web page working?
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

Yes, this is what I meant. Though I am testing the softphone on Linux it is not functional, if you could uninstall and re-install Java and make sure you re-install it with Version 10 it should work fine.

Restart your computer after each uninstallation and reinstall.
Kris
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
westor
Just Passing Thru

Post by westor »

Maybe I'm not understanding the problem or the solution but I don't see how reinstalling Java would help his Javascript problem. Javascript is not the same as Java. They aren't even really related.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

I understand this. I program the software phone. What I am saying is reinstall the whole Java Runtime Environment and Flash Player and reinstall both.
Kris
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

admin wrote:Yes, this is what I meant. Though I am testing the softphone on Linux it is not functional, if you could uninstall and re-install Java and make sure you re-install it with Version 10 it should work fine.

Restart your computer after each uninstallation and reinstall.
I did this, although I could not find Java version 10 anywhere, but I did install the latest release which seems to be version 6 update 16. This is what I had anyway, but as requested I did uninstall it and then put it back on again.

Still no difference though. As the other guy mentioned, it is a javascript error. not a java error.

I did try a few things though. Could you try this for me and see if you get the same thing as I did on 3 of my computers here.

1. Select NEVER in the drop down box and click the change mode button.
2. Click OK on the confirmation box when the page refreshes.
3. Now change the drop down box to one of the other options.

This is when I get the javascipt error, and the rest of the options do not show.

I think it has something to do with this bit

Code: Select all

<tr id="fmeNumbersSection">
not being in the source code when NEVER is set and saved as your choice.

I did find I could get around this error by selecting the follow me choice and clicking the change button. Only after the page refreshes and I get the warning of no number stored could I enter a follow me number. To me it would be better for the box to appear to enter the number when I choose always or busy in the drop down, and for me not to get a javascript error warning.

Thanks, Jake