Service issue, April 4th, 2012

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
CSCO
Active Poster

Re: SIP registration problem

Post by CSCO »

Reg failed, Calgary. 8:32PM

Last successful registration 7:24PM
hanke
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Re: Is there a service problem today in Toronto?

Post by hanke »

No registration of ATA here in Burlington, Ontario at this time. Looks like we are out of service at this time.
MichaelVoIP
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA122
Firmware Version: 1.4.1(SR5)
ISP Name: EBox/Nexicom 50/10 Mbps
Computer OS: macOS Ventura 13.4
Router: Apple Time Capsule
Smartphone Model: iPhone 14 Pro Max
Android Version: No way!
iOS Version: 16.5

Re: phone wont register today Vancouver BC

Post by MichaelVoIP »

vanguy2009 wrote:Anyone else having problem with the phone today ? its stuck at unregistered status for 6 hours now.
tried power cycling many times and there is internet. I noticed that sometimes the service would be down for at most and hour and comes back online again, today is the first time It hasn't recovered quickly, definitely 6 hours + is the longest its been down for me.
my setup:
shaw cable modem --> linksys spa2102 --> phone
I have been having the same problem since Monday. Both my lines have trouble registering in the evening. They seem to register intermitently. Callers get a fast busy signal or the call goes straight to the voicemail. When registered, accessing *98 takes more than one minute to connect.

These problems only happen in the evening, it's seems. Last night, for example, it was bad until about 9:30 pm. This evening it's still happening now. Overnight and in the morning everything works perfectly. I have had one line since April 2011 and the other one since October 2011. I have been using the same ATA for both lines ever since and, until now, I never had any problems with connecting to the service.

I was very enthusiastic about FPL and I even ported my landline to them. The service was great initially but lately it's been having all sorts of problems. Firstly, it's the message waiting indicator that does not work (it activates and deactivates after 4-6 hours instead of instantly). Then it's the voice message date and time announcement (the automatic one before the message, if activated) which is wrong for the first message by 4-5 hours or so.

Now it's the registration issue. It's past 10 pm and my lines still have problems registering. And it's not an ATA problem because I have the same problems with my Dell Voice account. I cannot call anyone from my iPhone and if I call my Dell Voice number, the calls go straight to the voicemail. Absolutely the same symptoms as for my FPL lines, and only in the evening.

At this point I don't know what to say except for lucky that I still have a Rogers cell phone. If FPL does not fix these issues promptly, I'd have to carefully weigh my options.

FPL, please fix your problems!!!
oscarjia
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2
ISP Name: Bell
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Linksys e2500
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 2.3.6

Re: More hic-ups / outages?

Post by oscarjia »

Same here, Aurora ON
boon
Quiet One
ISP Name: acanac-dsl
Computer OS: win7
Router: e3000

Post by boon »

No registration here too @ toronto. Message "Registration State: Can't connect to login server"
rfgrossi
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
ISP Name: Coextro
Computer OS: Linux Mint 19
Router: D-Link DIR-868L
Smartphone Model: OnePlus 2
Android Version: 9.0.1

Post by rfgrossi »

Having problems here in the London, Ontario area too.
MichaelVoIP
Quiet One

Post by MichaelVoIP »

sharky wrote:Solid service for almost two years now. Recently been noticing more and more "fast busy" when trying to call people, particularly at the busy hours between 8-10PM EST.

Tonight service stopped on both my home lines at around 8PM, still out at 10PM. Got a "Can't connect to login server" for a while (and when people dialed my number they got a fast busy). After awhile it has now gone "online" and now they get voice-mail and I still can't dial out successfully.

Anyone else experiencing outages?
Same here. Both my FPL lines and my Dell Voice line cannot register and make/receive calls in the evening. At other times, everything is okay. See also this thread: http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4924

Last night I called FPL and a guy with a very thick foreign accent hung up on after insisting that it's my equipment that's faulty.

Hopefully, FPL get their act together quickly!...
GrossIncompetence
One Hit Wonder
SIP Device Name: PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: Distributel Cable
Computer OS: Windows 7 64bit
Router: Netgear WNDR3700v2

Post by GrossIncompetence »

Definite problems here in Barrie, Ontario. The service has been very flaky for the past couple hours (maybe longer, but that's when I became aware of it).
Unable to connect to login server the majority of the time, then short bouts of it successfully connecting, then back again to not being able to connect.
nirajshah7
Just Passing Thru

Post by nirajshah7 »

down in Scarborough :(
nirajshah7
Just Passing Thru

Post by nirajshah7 »

down in Scarborough :(
kin
Just Passing Thru
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 (ls)

Post by kin »

sip shown connected, when dialed out to my cell phone no ring, but cell phone rang after I hung up. No ring when call from my cell phone to my home phone. Don't know what is going on? reseted my ata box same.
seagame2001
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: Groundwire
ISP Name: 3web
Router: Dlink-DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 5.1.1

Post by seagame2001 »

Yes it's not working right now
jtronforce
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Cisco PAP2T
Firmware Version: v5.1.6
ISP Name: Bell
Computer OS: Win7

Post by jtronforce »

Down in Toronto Last success 4/4/2012 22:43:53
TheHardy
***Übergod***
SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

4 Apr/2012 @ 2010 (Vancouver)

Post by TheHardy »

Vancouver-based FPL #, also having issues at this time with the softphone logging in. Enter my username/pw, but then sitting at NO CONNECTION TO SERVER for 5 mins plus now. I think this could be a capacity issue, as it was working earlier (2 hrs ago) ...
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126
vostro
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: Obi202
Firmware Version: 3.2.2 5857EX
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable+DSL
Computer OS: Windows 10 pro 64bit
Router: Sonicwall TZ500+R7000+EX7000
Smartphone Model: iPhone 6s ios 11.4
Android Version: Galaxy S3 Tab Oreo
iOS Version: ipad pro 9.3.3 JB

Re: Is the FPL platform down?

Post by vostro »

down again? my line is not working as of now. 11:10pm in toronto.
kin
Just Passing Thru
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 (ls)

Post by kin »

It is hard down now, Last Registration At: 4/4/2012 22:54:17.
MichaelVoIP
Quiet One

Post by MichaelVoIP »

allforone wrote:I can't register my Linksys SPA2102 to make call. It shows "Failure" of registration state. The softphone doesn't work either. I also tried Dell voice, no luck. Any idea?

Thanks
Same problem here. I posted this I'm another thread:

"I have been having the same problem since Monday. Both my lines have trouble registering in the evening. They seem to register intermitently. Callers get a fast busy signal or the call goes straight to the voicemail. When registered, accessing *98 takes more than one minute to connect.

These problems only happen in the evening, it's seems. Last night, for example, it was bad until about 9:30 pm. This evening it's still happening now. Overnight and in the morning everything works perfectly. I have had one line since April 2011 and the other one since October 2011. I have been using the same ATA for both lines ever since and, until now, I never had any problems with connecting to the service.

I was very enthusiastic about FPL and I even ported my landline to them. The service was great initially but lately it's been having all sorts of problems. Firstly, it's the message waiting indicator that does not work (it activates and deactivates after 4-6 hours instead of instantly). Then it's the voice message date and time announcement (the automatic one before the message, if activated) which is wrong for the first message by 4-5 hours or so.

Now it's the registration issue. It's past 10 pm and my lines still have problems registering. And it's not an ATA problem because I have the same problems with my Dell Voice account. I cannot call anyone from my iPhone and if I call my Dell Voice number, the calls go straight to the voicemail. Absolutely the same symptoms as for my FPL lines, and only in the evening.

At this point I don't know what to say except for lucky that I still have a Rogers cell phone. If FPL does not fix these issues promptly, I'd have to carefully weigh my options.

FPL, please fix your problems!!!"

It's 23:15 and registration success is still very intermittent.
jeffrey1790
Just Passing Thru

Post by jeffrey1790 »

Yeah, phone is not registered for me as well...
zakhanz
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: GrandStream 286 ATA
Firmware Version: 4.1
ISP Name: TekSavvy
Router: Linksys E2500

Re: SIP registration problem

Post by zakhanz »

Is FPL experiencing network outage?

For me registration is showing as Registered. But I am not able to make or receive calls. When calling out after few seconds I can only hear busy tone. When dialing in from other number, it goes directly to voice mail.
jeffrey1790
Just Passing Thru

Post by jeffrey1790 »

Yeah, phone is not registered for me as well...
VoipDiy
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: SPA2102,SPA504,SPA508,3CXPhone
ISP Name: Shaw
Router: Cisco E3000, EA6500

Post by VoipDiy »

No service here in Alberta.
I have been noticing intermittent registration over the past 3 hours. I use a 4-Line Cisco IP-Phone. All three other lines are steady and registered just fine... as usual. However, Dell Voice Fongo registration is currently "unavailable" still as of 9:25 PM Mountain Time.

I'm losing hope for this service. This is the 2nd major outage since I started using it since beginning of March .... not impressed.
My other two VoIP carriers almost never go down and I've been using them for over 4 years...

I've got friends asking me how reliable Dell Voice Fongo service is.... what should I tell them...?
Jeff - voipdiy
jvetro
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Trixbox

Post by jvetro »

Same with me as well. My Trixbox is not registering with voip.freephoneline.ca. It just started this evening, up until today, the service has been exceptional. I hope they resolve these issues!!!
jvetro
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Trixbox

Post by jvetro »

I have been having an issue tonight as well 04/04/2012 with my Trixbox connecting to voip.freephoneline.ca. I saw another thread that people were experiencing issues last week. Cannot dial out and users calling in get busy signal. Very frustrating since the service has been well for me for a year!!!
JimmyNeutron
Quiet One

Can't connect to login server

Post by JimmyNeutron »

I lost my dial tone after I checked the voice mail. I checked the PAP2T and found that the registration state said "Can't connect to login server". Can someone tell me how to fix it please? thanks
wonder
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: Firmware Version: 5.
ISP Name: Colbanet
Router: Linksys

Can't connect to login server

Post by wonder »

Since 2 days, start at around 9pm, I got this "Registration State: Can't connect to login server ". It's intermitent, "online" for a few minute then go back to "Can't connect to login server". Yesterday was better, it went up at around 10pm. Today is wost, it still down now !

I don't have any changes on my network for almost a year. And FPL was good and stable until last outage !

I search on google and this forum, someone said they were told by FPL tech, it was his network issue. And it's only happen to fews users on the forum. I wonder if any tech from FPL can help us to track down what happen cause I tried every steps, recycle Modem, router, pap2t, ports forwarding, reset/reconfigured my pap2t then it works but have to spend time everyday to debug is so hard for me !

Also really appreciate if anyone have more debuging steps, pls tell me so, I will try...

Thanks a lot !

I'm in Montreal, Quebec
Pap2T ATA
ADSL5mgb
Linksys E4200v2
2Wire Bell modem