Trouble when using Fax

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
henry81
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Win 7

Trouble when using Fax

Post by henry81 »

I try to use my fax mechine with FPL. When the other fax mechine start receive document from my fax mechine... The line is immidiately disconnected.??
Is Any other configurations needed to fix in my Linksys SPA 2102?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Henry
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: Trouble when using Fax

Post by FONGO_kris »

It may be Rogers, cable is a shared connection and they are likely throttling your downloads, or the voice is crapping out because of the massive bandwidth usage from the fax.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
henry81
Just Passing Thru

Post by henry81 »

hi,
I have tried to fax with dsl line with 10MB/s from Bell Provider. But the trouble is still the same?
I think you need to configure something on your server in order for supporting with fax.... Have you tried to fax successfully with FPL? Or any body have tried to fax with FPL and it worked for you? Please let me know.

Thank alots for your help

Henry
Agent942
Just Passing Thru

Post by Agent942 »

I have tried to fax with dsl line with 10MB/s from Bell Provider. But the trouble is still the same?
Yes, this is 10Mbit DOWNstream - you are using your 1Mb/s (or less) UPstream value (DSL and Cable providers have the same thinking - BIG downstream and SMALL upstream - check with Bell to see what yours actually is) in order to send a FAX. :shock:

I have tried with FPL in the past and have been able to do so, but it can't be guaranteed (very few VoIP providers will GUARANTEE FAX transmissions as they are NOT the same thing as a voice phone call). I have better luck with my Pay VoIP line than with FPL, but FPL is awesome for voice calls. :geek:

I don't recall reading anywhere on FPL's site or info that they support faxing, so if it works, great. If you Google search using a Fax with VoIP, you will find quite a number of discussions and problems with it; as I said, if it works, you're lucky! :lol:
Agent942
Just Passing Thru

Post by Agent942 »

I just sent a 2-page FAX via my FPL line with no troubles! I used to have great deal of trouble with this when I was a Rogers Extreme (Residential) user, but now that I use Rogers Business Internet Faster, it seems to be a much more stable upstream and this is likely why I'm not having any troubles. :D

One thing that MAY help you though -= set your Transmit Rate on your FAX to 4800bps instead of 9600 or 14400bps - the slower speed takes a little longer, but on VoIP I get fewer problems with FAXing. :geek:

Good Luck!
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Post by FONGO_kris »

Very nice!

With the proper device faxing will work, say the SpeedTouch 780! Mine works great, I have both lines with Freephoneline one with no voicemail box, that goes straight to my email if not picked up by the fax and one for voice.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
smartoakville
Just Passing Thru

Post by smartoakville »

I had issues with fax as well until someone told me to change the quality to SUPERFINE or PHOTO (which slows down the transmission speed) and VOILA! It works fine now.

Im using a Canon MF3240 (all in one) and with those settings I have been able to send faxes with FPL and Magicjack.
henry81
Just Passing Thru

Post by henry81 »

Thank you very much for all your tips.... I will try... :)