Connect more than 1 SIP device?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
skyskysky
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: snom m9
Firmware Version: 9.4.12-a
ISP Name: Bell VDSL2
Computer OS: Windows 7 64bit
Router: Mikrotik RB751G-2HnD

Connect more than 1 SIP device?

Post by skyskysky »

Is it possible to connect more than 1 SIP device? My cell phone is set up, but I also want my home phone to ring.

If I log both devices into the service at once, only the last connected device rings.

Are there any solutions except forwarding (in this case there is no other # available to forward to)
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Connect more than 1 SIP device?

Post by Jake »

You can only connect more than one device to Fongo using a 3rd party site or software. You also need to have the config details and not just a free account.

You can achieve something like you want by setting up simultaneous ringing, but this will only call the Fongo number and another number - not two devices on the same number.
skyskysky
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: snom m9
Firmware Version: 9.4.12-a
ISP Name: Bell VDSL2
Computer OS: Windows 7 64bit
Router: Mikrotik RB751G-2HnD

Post by skyskysky »

Yes I paid for a SIP unlock key. Thanks for pointing that out. I added freephoneline as a trunk on pbxes.org and created a ring group with 2 extensions (1 for each device). Cheers.
Bloodsong
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: Zoiper| Grandstream GXP2000
ISP Name: Tek Savvy Internet (DSL)
Computer OS: CentOS, Arch, Widows 7, AIX, AS/400
Router: Cisco ASA 5520
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy Ace Q
Android Version: 2.3.6

Post by Bloodsong »

skyskysky wrote:Yes I paid for a SIP unlock key. Thanks for pointing that out. I added freephoneline as a trunk on pbxes.org and created a ring group with 2 extensions (1 for each device). Cheers.
The other option to using a web based VoIP switch is to install a server component of your own (Asterisk or Freeswitch on Linux, or 3CX on Windows). It's all a question of individual comfort level, both with the technology and with their information. (Some people are paranoid about putting account information online.)

So there's an option for everyone!

Anyway, real reason I'm responding.

I know that sipsorcery which I used to use offers several dial-string set-up options, which have changed since I used to use them.

It would be a great idea to see a walk-through on various different solutions from the people who have implemented them, and if they're doing anything fancy with dial-strings or trunk-settings, to let us know those too!