D-Link settings - can't dial out, can't receive calls.

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

D-Link settings - can't dial out, can't receive calls.

Postby TKS » 11/22/2012

I am just setting up the system today, I get dialtone, but when I dial out, it doesn't ring, it goes deaf. When someone dials me, it rings, but when I pick up and start talking "Hello...", the recipient gets voicemail message.

I have a GrandStream 701 connected to D-Link 601 router connected to Rogers Modem (Express package). For the ATA setup, I followed the same setup as is posted at the start of this group. For the router setup, when I turn off SIP, the ATA does not register, so I have to have SIP check on. I don't know what other settings to change on the router.

When I plug in the phone directly to the modem, it works fine, dial in - dial out, talking... Except that it stopped working overnight, I'll have to reset the modem and ATA box to see if that corrects it.

For this problem that I am posting about, I think it is a router setting that I need to change. Can anyone share D-Link settings that I should change or tinker with?
TKS
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Grandstream 701
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Windows XP
Router: D-Link 601

Re: D-Link settings - can't dial out, can't receive calls.

Postby TKS » 11/25/2012

I get the ATA device working when plugged directly into internet Modem. <check> But that way I don't have internet in the house.

I don't get it working when plugged into D-Link router.
Experimented with various settings (SIP ALG on/off, specific SIP UTP ports 5004, 5060 open for this IP addess, reboot, router, ATA, reset ATA,...) and nothing seems to work.
Additionally, I can't get into my ATA device configuration anymore, browser says "cannot display page" when I point to ATA IP address.

Q1: CAN ANYONE recommend DLINK settings to change/troubleshoot to get it to work ??

Q2: CAN ANYONE recommend a NEW ROUTER (brand name, model number, place where to buy cheap) AND GUARANTEED SETTINGS for it to work with GRANDSTREAM 701 ??

thanks
TKS
Just Passing Thru

Re: D-Link settings - can't dial out, can't receive calls.

Postby TKS » 11/25/2012

SOLUTION !!!

VOIP does not work with D-LINK 601, need to upgrade Firmware to at least 1.01NA version.
Here are Release Notes for 1.01NA version: "Fixed SIP function"

Discussion here: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=14318.0
Firmware here: http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-solutio ... ome-router

Hope this helps someone.
TKS
TKS
Just Passing Thru

Return to Community Support