Who else is having issues with freephoneline?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
billcanada
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: OBi200
ISP Name: Rogers
Router: Hitron CGN3

Who else is having issues with freephoneline?

Post by billcanada »

I'm using a VOIP adapter and haven't had service for a week and a half now. I changed nothing in my adapter settings. All of a sudden both lines just stopped working around the time when many other people started having issues. Several emails to tech support have been ignored. This is unbelievable.

Here's a news flash update. I just signed up with another VOIP provider. I entered all of their settings into my adapter and it worked!! Line 1 on my adapter lit up and I got a dial tone. I dialed a number but it did not go through because it said I did not purchase any credits which is fine because I just wanted to see if it would work or if I would have the same issues I'm having with fpl. I then went back and re-entered my fpl username, password, proxy etc and it does not work. It seems like freephoneline deactivated my account or something else is going on. At least I know for sure that the problem does not lie with my adapter. Hallelujah!

Well isn't this interesting.
Attachments
serviceupdate.jpg
newhand123
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: dlink ata adapter
Firmware Version: 1.08na
ISP Name: teksavvy cable
Computer OS: winxp
Router: tp-link wr1043nd

Re: Who else is having issues with freephoneline?

Post by newhand123 »

My freephoneline service is not dead but on and off getting trouble. Sometimes incoming problem and sometimes outgoing problem. Right now is unable to receive calls from other phone company. However, use fongo phone can call in no problem. I'm using ata adapter.
shawn122
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Obi100
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2765)
ISP Name: Bell - DSL
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Netgear WNDR4000

Post by shawn122 »

No issues here
billcanada
Quiet One

Post by billcanada »

Are you using a VOIP adapter or do you connect using the freephoneline software on your computer?
shawn122 wrote:No issues here
seagame2001
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: Groundwire
ISP Name: 3web
Router: Dlink-DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 5.1.1

Post by seagame2001 »

billcanada wrote:I'm using a VOIP adapter and haven't had service for a week and a half now. I changed nothing in my adapter settings. All of a sudden both lines just stopped working around the time when many other people started having issues. Several emails to tech support have gone unanswered. I emailed a fongo site moderator directly for help too but no reply either. This is unbelievable.

did you do a test on FPL desktop app yet?
jfmartel
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: SPA122
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 (004) Jul 27 2
ISP Name: Videotron
Computer OS: XP
Router: Linksys

Post by jfmartel »

Hi,
I'm having the same problem since coming back from holidays friday the 18th.

It all started after I wanted to make a call and had no dialtone. I restarted my ATA and router but it took several attempts before being able to connect to the server. After that it was OK for a while but I lost connection again. After investigation I saw that the connection from my ATA was denied. It is still the same now, loosing connection several times a day­.

Now, I tried several times to call my number. Either I got directly to the voicemail or, about 50% of the times, I got the "Account Number is not valid" message.
Very weird. I DID NOT change my ATA configuration that worked for months before.
Besides, I can't even get a connection using the freephoneline software on my computer or a SIP software on my phone.

There is a problem with their system.

I will not wait for many days before switching. Having phone is important. I know it's free but if there is no service it's no good to me.

I hope tech service will answer my email.
BobaFett
Just Passing Thru

Post by BobaFett »

I've been having issues for a long time now.
My PAP-2T device is continuously disconnected from FreePhoneLine. It's incredibly irritating considering the service was rock solid for like a year. Now it's nothing but connection issues.
belgiumrom
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA 2102
Firmware Version: 5.2.5
ISP Name: velcom
Computer OS: win7pro
Router: cisco pix 501

Post by belgiumrom »

I too have issues with the line. I am using a Linksys SPA2102 and it has been working rock solid for the past year. Around Christmas in 2012 I observed the ATA was not trained (the last light of the three was off). Ever since that time, it is on and off at random times, mostly after making or receiving a call. The administration interface showing "registration failed". If I restart the ATA, it will register until the next time the line is used.
billcanada
Quiet One

Post by billcanada »

Wow. This confirms what I thought. Tech support isn't getting back to me on this because they don't have a clue on what's going on and how to fix it otherwise they would have done so by now. There are many others out there with the same issues as me or different ones but no resolution in sight. What a joke. Their desktop software has bugs in it and so does Dell Voice desktop software. With Dell Voice the dial pad doesn't work and with fpl it freezes up and I can't press 1, 2, 3 to select a menu if I'm calling to check the bus schedule, for example. So many issues all of a sudden. Sniff, sniff. Smells like sabotage. It's real funny how certain people respond pretending that everything works perfectly. Ya right.
hybj
Just Passing Thru

Post by hybj »

I live in Mississauga, I got busy tone when call in or out this afternoon!!!!!

I have written a small program to monitor the registration situation of FPL, I found FPL will down and up 5~15 times every day since Dec/16/2012, and this is the fourth or fifth time I can't make or receive call from Dec/2012. I introduced more than 10 people to apply FPL for their home phone, of course, I will never never never do it again, I am almost crazy receiving their calls when FPL had problems.
marginal
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2-NA
Firmware Version: 3.3.14
ISP Name: Acanac
Computer OS: Ubuntu / XP

Post by marginal »

I have a service interruption problem as well.
At least twice in the last week.
Service was OK before that.
Is this the end of the world?
billcanada
Quiet One

Post by billcanada »

marginal wrote:I have a service interruption problem as well.
At least twice in the last week.
Service was OK before that.
Is this the end of the world?
No but it's the beginning of the end for fongo if they don't get their act together and soon. Hmmm. Maybe that's the plan. Who owns fongo? Bell, Rogers..?
mysaurin
Active Poster
Computer OS: Win 7

Post by mysaurin »

My FPL is down and up again, it is look like a supervisor constantly looking in to ATA if all required lights on, is there a dial tone or not? No emails are being answered from support, phone support is already taken off some time ago. All of sudden there is long delay when people calls on my number and when I dial a number before it connects to other party. Not sure what is happening all of sudden in just span of 2 months?
kent_luice
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Lynksis
ISP Name: Bell
Computer OS: Win XP

Post by kent_luice »

Same issue for me - no real support from FPL which frustrates people a lot. My friend called me today and got the message "Account Number is not valid" ? really? now they laugh on me what kind of cheap service I am using...I can understand the problem here and there but now it is a everyday issue.
jfmartel
Just Passing Thru

Post by jfmartel »

Hum... well... this doesn't smell good. Looks like the beginning of the end.

For 25$ with Montreal based voip.ms you can transfer your phone number. Of course it's 4.95$ a month which is not free... but now I realize the quality of the service may be worth something.
I'll give them a call tomorrow (yes, THEY have a phone number).
kent_luice
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Lynksis
ISP Name: Bell
Computer OS: Win XP

Post by kent_luice »

jfmartel wrote:Hum... well... this doesn't smell good. Looks like the beginning of the end.

For 25$ with Montreal based voip.ms you can transfer your phone number. Of course it's 4.95$ a month which is not free... but now I realize the quality of the service may be worth something.

Do they offer service in Toronto? please PM me their contact details if they do, I am really fed up with FPL.
billcanada
Quiet One

Post by billcanada »

kent_luice wrote:
jfmartel wrote:Hum... well... this doesn't smell good. Looks like the beginning of the end.

Do they offer service in Toronto? please PM me their contact details if they do, I am really fed up with FPL.
Just go directly to their website, http://www.voip.ms/.
shawn122
Quiet One

Post by shawn122 »

billcanada wrote:Are you using a VOIP adapter or do you connect using the freephoneline software on your computer?
shawn122 wrote:No issues here
Voip adaptor..... Obi100.
madmot
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
ISP Name: Cable Videotron
Computer OS: XP Pro

Post by madmot »

Come on! I don't want to abandon the ship quite yet! I also have the exact same issues. Everything was working awesome for months, for years but since last december, things began to go on and off at, what it seems to me, random times. I tried some minor adjustements in my PAP2T: I change the registering time from 180 to 60. I also tried 3600 like it was in the real beginning but I started having incoming call issues. Who knew!
I also changed my NAT mapping (enable) and NAT keep alive (enable) to yes.

Anyways, I try to keep my hope alive. For now, down time happens nearly everyday but only one time a day. A quick reset of the ATA usually resolve the issue but what a PITA!

I'm trying to resolve this thing by trials and errors but professionnal advices, like the one FPL staff usually give, would be very welcome.
Don't let us down please.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

I would like to see the FPL server separated from the DV server if they are not already. I think things get hammered a bit from the apps and it just seems the ATA users among us seem to bear the brunt of it. Years ago we didn't get problems like this, maybe we could go back to that.
BobaFett
Just Passing Thru

Post by BobaFett »

So does this have any relation? I was just on the phone for about 20 minutes. Everything was fine. Soon as I hung up, I walked downstairs, which takes me past my router/ata/modem, etc, etc. The point being is I am aware of when my ATA is connected by the 3 lights. Right away I noticed it was not connected.
Sure enough I picked up the phone and no dial up.

So what the heck? The second I hung up the phone it disconnected from FPLs servers?
jfmartel
Just Passing Thru

Post by jfmartel »

BobaFett wrote:So does this have any relation? I was just on the phone for about 20 minutes. Everything was fine. Soon as I hung up, I walked downstairs, which takes me past my router/ata/modem, etc, etc. The point being is I am aware of when my ATA is connected by the 3 lights. Right away I noticed it was not connected.
Sure enough I picked up the phone and no dial up.

So what the heck? The second I hung up the phone it disconnected from FPLs servers?

Yeah... that's it.
On my side, it's offline most of the time.
I wouldn't mind waiting for a fix if during the day when it's down and I'm not home the calls would be redirected to voicemail. But no, when service is down and someone calls my number there is a voice message saying that my account doesn't exist.
NOT cool. I'm missing calls, they could be important ones.
tbrummell
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: PIAF/Mitel/PolyCom/Cisco
Firmware Version: Asterisk 1.8
Computer OS: CentOS/Windows2008/Win7/Android
Router: pfSense/Neoware thin client

Post by tbrummell »

I have 4 numbers with them (2 'normal', toll free & a vanity number), all of them are pay-per-use. If you don't port a number in and use their numbers, they are like a buck a month plus usage. If you port, I believe you have to pick a monthly package.
shawn122
Quiet One

Post by shawn122 »

Another service to consider should you choose is anveo.com
Its a little complicated to understand but here is a summary:

1) You choose a subscription plan (they have free, starter, professional & business). They provides you with different features etc
2) Choose a rate plan (value, personal unlimited, etc.) I believe personal unlimited is $2.00 a month, e911 is $0.80 a month. This is unlimited received calls.
3) Outgoing rates in Canada are $0.005/minute

From reading, Anveo is targeted more towards business but it can be useful for us consumers as well.
Personally I am going to trial FPL for a few months (just started 2 weeks ago) and see how the service is. So far it has been working for when I want to use it and I strictly use it as a home phone and not business use.
tbrummell
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: PIAF/Mitel/PolyCom/Cisco
Firmware Version: Asterisk 1.8
Computer OS: CentOS/Windows2008/Win7/Android
Router: pfSense/Neoware thin client

Post by tbrummell »

shawn122 wrote:... and I strictly use it as a home phone and not business use.
Good, because using it for business would be against the ToS. :o