Voice mail problem

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
sa_wood
Just Passing Thru

Voice mail problem

Post by sa_wood »

My VM doesn't work at all. When someone leave me a message, I didn't receive it. I have tried it by myself and press *98 and have no VM. What's going on? Please help!
Bing Kol
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 (LS)
ISP Name: CarryTel 25/10 DSL
Router: pfSense i5-3470

Re: Voice mail problem

Post by Bing Kol »

sa_wood wrote:My VM doesn't work at all. When someone leave me a message, I didn't receive it. I have tried it by myself and press *98 and have no VM. What's going on? Please help!
Uh oh! You hardly provided any info to help someone to help you.

Router?
Modem?
ATA?
FPL BYOD or Fongo Home Phone?
Port forwarding done?
How is your Voicemail set up in the online portal?

If you can provide details of the above, there are Volunteer Community Moderators on board to help you with technical issues.
sa_wood
Just Passing Thru

Post by sa_wood »

I am with FPL. There is nothing wrong with router, modem and ATA. I can make and receive a call as normal. But I am not at home, somebody call me and leave me a message. I don't get a message. My account shows me that I don't have any message. When I press *98, it says that there is no message.

Normally, when someone call me, I can listen to VM and receive the email that I have a new VM.

Do you have any idea?
cu2o2o2
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: Double-NAT PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 (LS)
ISP Name: Rogers Express with SB5101
Computer OS: Win7 32-bit for DV softphone
Router: WNR3500L behind DIR-615C1

Post by cu2o2o2 »

sa_wood wrote:I am with FPL. There is nothing wrong with router, modem and ATA. I can make and receive a call as normal. But I am not at home, somebody call me and leave me a message. I don't get a message. My account shows me that I don't have any message. When I press *98, it says that there is no message.

Normally, when someone call me, I can listen to VM and receive the email that I have a new VM.

Do you have any idea?
I am inclined to believe that there is a screw up somewhere at Fongo's end. Have you reviewed your online portal just to make sure that nothing has changed? I would have suggested to take a look at your ATA too, but you said that nothing is wrong with it.

You agree to read my posts at your own risk.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

Look in your online call logs and see what it says there. You should see two calls from that person, the first is them calling in and the second is them being passed to the voicemail. See if there were any errors rather than "normal call clearing"
sa_wood
Just Passing Thru

Post by sa_wood »

Jake wrote:Look in your online call logs and see what it says there. You should see two calls from that person, the first is them calling in and the second is them being passed to the voicemail. See if there were any errors rather than "normal call clearing"
Yes, you are right! There is 2 calls from the same person, the first is 'normal call clearing' and the second is ' no answer from user' and there is duration like 1 minute. But I don't have any VM on my account. I don't know what's wrong. Normally, I always receive my VM.
sa_wood
Just Passing Thru

Post by sa_wood »

Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

I just did a test on my line. I don't usually use the FPL voicemail, but I can confirm that the voicemails just seem to disappear.

I guess we will have to wait for a staff member to notice things aren't working.
416eddie
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Soft phone
Firmware Version: Beta 1.1
ISP Name: Bell Sympatico DSL
Computer OS: 10.6.3

Post by 416eddie »

Same issue here, I have made several tests and nothing in the voicemails.
tbrummell
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: PIAF/Mitel/PolyCom/Cisco
Firmware Version: Asterisk 1.8
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: CentOS/Windows2008/Win7/Android
Router: pfSense/Neoware thin client

Post by tbrummell »

Heh! That's ONE thing that is working for me! LOL
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

The status page is showing that they are looking into it. However I was having a problem before, but voicemail works for me now.