Caller ID Blocking Issue

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
leper1983
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: BELL (12 Mbps)
Computer OS: Windows 8
Router: 2701HG-G
Smartphone Model: i5800
Android Version: 2.2

Caller ID Blocking Issue

Post by leper1983 »

I noticed the other day when i tryed to use the +67 to activate CID blocking and noticed that its not actually working.. i've been testing this with my telus cell phone but im having no such luck.. anyone know how to correctly set this up using the PaP2T ATA?

Regional

Line1

User1
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: Caller ID Blocking Issue

Post by FONGO_kris »

Well first lets start off with a dumb question that everyone will want to know: Are you using *67 or +67 as you typed above?
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

I have a friend who is using FPL via a PAP2T, and he can activate CID blocking by pressing *67 and turn it on by *68. So it should work without changing anything else.
leper1983
Active Poster

Post by leper1983 »

star of course considering a dial pad doesn't have a plus :P
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Post by FONGO_kris »

Okay and what happens when you dial *67, then your number?
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
leper1983
Active Poster

Post by leper1983 »

Well usually with any other service.. when you hit *67 you would hear a couple special beeps then back to the regular dial tone.. im not sure if its the same with fpl but yea it doesn't do that for me :( maybe i can try changing *67 to something else and see if it works
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

leper1983 wrote:Well usually with any other service.. when you hit *67 you would hear a couple special beeps then back to the regular dial tone.. im not sure if its the same with fpl but yea it doesn't do that for me :( maybe i can try changing *67 to something else and see if it works
The *67 will only have an effect on the ATA, not with FPL. So, the ATA may not give you a confirmation beep of any sort, but it still might have an effect.

I know my friend did it just by pressing *67, I would have to ask him if it gave a new tone or beep of any sort. I know he didn't type it in every time he made a call, so it might be worth pressing *67 then putting the phone down without dialling a number. Then pick the phone up again and test it. I think he must have turned it on by accident because the other day he asked how to turn it off. I suggested *68 to him and that worked straight away.

edit: number in bold changed from *98 to *68
leper1983
Active Poster

Post by leper1983 »

Yea for me to enable it full time its supposed to be *81.. thats what its set to in the ata but it doesn't seem to work either. *98 on my system at least is to access the voice mail so that wouldn't work unfortunately.. would it be possible to have him screen shot the sections i posted above of his ata? if hes using the PaP2T that is
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

leper1983 wrote:Yea for me to enable it full time its supposed to be *81.. thats what its set to in the ata but it doesn't seem to work either. *98 on my system at least is to access the voice mail so that wouldn't work unfortunately.. would it be possible to have him screen shot the sections i posted above of his ata? if hes using the PaP2T that is
I set it up for him, so I can tell you it is exactly the same as in the guide posted in the config section here, apart from I changed the registration time down to 60 from 3600. I made a mistake in my last post, I put *98 instead of *68. Sorry my bad.

I looked at my PAP2T and *81 says it is 'Block CID Per Call'. Did you change yours?

Mine is pretty default, so I know his will be the same, so I have
Block CID Act Code: *67
Block CID Deact Act Code: *68
Block CID Per Call Act Code: *81
Block CID Per Call Deact Code: *82

I also know he would not have changed other settings like Block CID Setting: (no) or Block CID Serv: (yes) from the defaults. (in brackets).
leper1983
Active Poster

Post by leper1983 »

I set it up for him, so I can tell you it is exactly the same as in the guide posted in the config section here, apart from I changed the registration time down to 60 from 3600. I made a mistake in my last post, I put *98 instead of *68. Sorry my bad.

I looked at my PAP2T and *81 says it is 'Block CID Per Call'. Did you change yours?

Mine is pretty default, so I know his will be the same, so I have
Block CID Act Code: *67
Block CID Deact Act Code: *68
Block CID Per Call Act Code: *81
Block CID Per Call Deact Code: *82

I also know he would not have changed other settings like Block CID Setting: (no) or Block CID Serv: (yes) from the defaults. (in brackets).

I actually did switch the per calls but even before i changed it i still had issues.. i'll try changing the block CID settings to no and see if that does anything