Cannot receive or make calls anymore

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
giladros
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Grandstream
Computer OS: Mac OS 10.6.4
Router: D-Link

Cannot receive or make calls anymore

Post by giladros »

I'm using a Grandstream 701 and am unable to call or get calls, although it worked in the past. All the lights are on, and I have obtained the device IP and logged in to it to look at the settings, so it is definitely connected properly. When dialing any number whatsoever (there is a line) I simply get a voice message saying "that password is incorrect". Calling my number from another phone results in getting the voicemail message. I suspect the problem might be that my account has been disabled or suspended, since logging in to my account on freephoneline.ca shows that my SIP Status is "disconnected". If this is the case, then presumably it would require one of the customer staff to fix it, but maybe it's something else that is causing this problem.

I should mention that I just got back from a five month trip and have not used my phone since January 4th. I got the message about the changed settings in March and my settings appear to be alright.

Any ideas?
Funkytown
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 (SR5) Oct 14 2
ISP Name: Cik Telecom
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Zyxel EMG2926
Smartphone Model: LG G8 Thinq
Android Version: Android Q

Re: Cannot receive or make calls anymore

Post by Funkytown »

Welcome back!
Unplugging the grandstream device and reconnecting it usually does the trick (from what i hear) when this device hasn't been used for quit sometime.
giladros
Just Passing Thru

Post by giladros »

Well, the device wasn't connected while I was away, so I connected it anew anyway. I have tried rebooting the device and disconnecting it, but it did not help. Any other advice?
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

giladros wrote:Well, the device wasn't connected while I was away, so I connected it anew anyway. I have tried rebooting the device and disconnecting it, but it did not help. Any other advice?
Hi there,

Re- When dialing any number whatsoever (there is a line) I simply get a voice message saying "that password is incorrect".

I think the message you are getting is "That password is not valid"

Please login into your ATA config and under FXS Port- please update the Authenticate password field with your current sip password.

That will resolve the issue.

Please try and let me know.

Thanks,
giladros
Just Passing Thru

Post by giladros »

Regarding the message that I hear, you are right and I misquoted it, it is indeed: "that password is not valid". Looking at the authenticate password field under FXS Port, nothing appeared, so I copied my password over carefully. After a reboot of the device, still it is not working, and that field is again empty (so maybe that's just what it looks like normally). I repeated this procedure to make sure I didn't mess up.

Any other ideas? I really need this phone to work soon... :)
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

giladros wrote:Regarding the message that I hear, you are right and I misquoted it, it is indeed: "that password is not valid". Looking at the authenticate password field under FXS Port, nothing appeared, so I copied my password over carefully. After a reboot of the device, still it is not working, and that field is again empty (so maybe that's just what it looks like normally). I repeated this procedure to make sure I didn't mess up.

Any other ideas? I really need this phone to work soon... :)
Hi there,

The issue is with the browser you are using to connect to your config of the device.

Browser is setup to remember the password "admin" and it will input the same in all the password fields.

Details below:

http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... ord#p45670

Please try to use another browser or clear your history/cache in your browser.

That will resolve the issue.

Please try and let me know.

Thanks,
giladros
Just Passing Thru

Post by giladros »

Actually, that doesn't appear to be the problem - I checked, and the browser is not auto-filling that field. Any other ideas?
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

giladros wrote:Actually, that doesn't appear to be the problem - I checked, and the browser is not auto-filling that field. Any other ideas?
Hi there,

What browser to you use?

Perhaps you should open a support ticket for this issue?

Please send me a PM with the telephone number associated with the account.

Thanks,
giladros
Just Passing Thru

Post by giladros »

This is driving me crazy.... I upgraded my firmware and redid all the settings, retyped the password several times, and still I get the same error message regarding the password.

Is there a way to reset the password?

Is there a direct phone line to technical support? There used to be.
giladros
Just Passing Thru

Post by giladros »

Also, here's my status page (with IP and MAC address deleted), do you see something wrong?

MAC Address: WAN-- 00:0B:82:XX:XX:XX (Device MAC)
IP Address: 192.168.X.X
Product Model: HT701
Hardware Version: V1.2A Part Number -- 9610001912A
Software Version: Program-- 1.0.4.8 Bootloader -- 1.0.0.7 Core -- 1.0.4.1 Base -- 1.0.4.7
CPE --
System Up Time: 07:22:21 up 5 min
PPPoE Link Up: Disabled
NAT: Unknown NAT
Port Status:
Port Hook Registration DND Forward Busy Forward Delayed Forward
FXS On Hook Registered No
giladros
Just Passing Thru

Post by giladros »

Problem solved!

It was an ID issue. Originally we had been using the phone number provided by fongo. Then we chose to link the fongo to our existing land line phone number. Turns out the ID to be used changed at that point from the fongo number to our land line number. This happened while we were away, five months ago. Our settings must have stopped working at that time, five months ago, but we were away, the phone was disconnected, and the voicemail still worked so I didn't realize there was a problem. It's all good now.

My advice: if you have a "password is not valid issue", scrutinize both the password and the ID fields.