Service is down

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
hanke
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Re: Service is down

Post by hanke »

Fongo Support wrote:
hanke wrote:I have submitted support tickets as indicated below. Its kind of a confusing support request process, the first one basically gives you suggestions and ticket is closed. So I then completed the request at support.fongo.com which generated 27670 ticket. I have also sent a PM to Fongo Support Moderator so you should have all my details to escalate the request.

Tickets - (ticket #27669) and (ticket #27670)
Hi there,

I am keeping an eye on your line, monitoring under incident#27670

I have verified and things are ok so far- July 15-th, 6:50 AM EST

Thanks,
I have switched back over to the "voip.freephoneline.ca" server as of about 0900 EDST and inbound calls have worked so far.

I replied back to Fongo support since they were under the assumption that all was working when I filed the Support Ticket. I explained it again how the voip server did not work and the voip2 did work.

I will see how it goes today with inbound calls and let you know.....only issue which is minor the Vmail Msg Indication will not clear...like it has in the past use to clear pretty quickly but now it seems to be indicating for a while.

If you like you can call if you so desire, I am available.

Thanks
wonderdollar
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT287
ISP Name: ROGERS CABLE
Computer OS: Windows 7 Professional
Router: ROGERS CGN2-ROG

Post by wonderdollar »

Hi,

My service is down too. I do not have dial tone and can not receive either incoming calls or make outgoing calls.

Is any one else facing the same issue. Can some one please tell me how to contact customer support for getting this issue fixed?

Thanks.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

wonderdollar wrote:Hi,

My service is down too. I do not have dial tone and can not receive either incoming calls or make outgoing calls.

Is any one else facing the same issue. Can some one please tell me how to contact customer support for getting this issue fixed?

Thanks.
See my signature of how to contact Fongo Support.

First I would try powering down everything, waiting 10 minutes, then powering up the modem, router then ATA (in that order); making sure each connect before powering up the next one.
wonderdollar
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT287
ISP Name: ROGERS CABLE
Computer OS: Windows 7 Professional
Router: ROGERS CGN2-ROG

Post by wonderdollar »

Jake wrote:
wonderdollar wrote:Hi,

Thanks.
See my signature of how to contact Fongo Support.

First I would try powering down everything, waiting 10 minutes, then powering up the modem, router then ATA (in that order); making sure each connect before powering up the next one.
Thank you very much for the quick response,

The service is restored by following your instructions.

Cheers!!
fan
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Obi 110
ISP Name: rogers
Computer OS: Windows 7
Android Version: 4.0.3

Post by fan »

Mine FPL is working as uaual.
hanke
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Post by hanke »

It seems my service is working fine since yesterday. I was told the system had a few problems with certain customers as result of the weekend service problem. All seems good so hopefully we will continue to be good for a long while.

Thanks again Tech Support for your assistance.