Not able to receive incoming calls even tho Prefer mode = no

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
ishatpal
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Windows 7

Not able to receive incoming calls even tho Prefer mode = no

Post by ishatpal »

I am able to make calls without any issues, but since last 2 days, the incoming calls are going to VM :roll:. The settings are selected as G729a and proffered mode to no. The phone was working fine before.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: Not able to receive incoming calls even tho Prefer mode = no

Post by FONGO_kris »

Thank you, I've received your PM and will look into it at about 9 tomorrow. Email me if you want updates/to bug me!
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
Uncle Den
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: sipura SPA - 1001
Firmware Version: 3.1.19(SE)
ISP Name: WorldLine.ca
Computer OS: Win Xp

Post by Uncle Den »

I've had an issue like you're describing.
And I've spent hours with people from tech support - with no luck. (but guys did their best - very professional and helpful)
At the end.... It was my router. Try to connect your ATA straight to your modem see if it fix the problem. And take it from there.

Danny.
ishatpal
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Windows 7

Post by ishatpal »

I already tried that, from what I know DLink routers 6 series have issues, but there is a new firmware upgrade.., so if you have DIR-6xx, call them and ask for beta firmware and it will resolve the issue.

I also resolved the issue yesterday and it turns out that
maybe DND feautre was implemented like last week as it was always set to yes, initially my phone was working and then not.

I tried disabling all the features like CID, VM, etc and it started ringing and I found out that DND was enabled.

hence issue resolved........
byrtz
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: SPA-2000
Firmware Version: 3.1.23
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Win XP

Post by byrtz »

Same problem here. Just started happening today, everything worked fine before. I'm using D-Link DIR-628 router.
Bloodsong
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: Zoiper| Grandstream GXP2000
ISP Name: Tek Savvy Internet (DSL)
Computer OS: CentOS, Arch, Widows 7, AIX, AS/400
Router: Cisco ASA 5520
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy Ace Q
Android Version: 2.3.6

Post by Bloodsong »

byrtz wrote:Same problem here. Just started happening today, everything worked fine before. I'm using D-Link DIR-628 router.
You may have tried this already, but for any other readers who happen in...
When you know you have not changed your hardware configuration or your settings, and a change such as this occurs, it is worth your while to bring down your network for a few minutes so as to force your ATA to re-register, and to ensure a clean connection profile over a new IP (assuming dynamic)

Unplug modem/router/ata, wait 60 seconds (count out your steamboats.) Plug the modem in, wait for the Sync/WAN light.
Plug your Router in (or ATA if you're setup to ATA first.) Wait for Internet/Wan light, Plug in Router/ATA (If still applicable at this step.)

Wait for all lights go.

New IP should help to avoid any routing/ARP issues at the FPL servers, unplugging wipes the local router/modem's caches and routing tables to avoid any corruption of the tables, ATA same deal + forces a fresh registration over the new IP allowing (hopefully) for correct routing of incoming calls.