ATP device keeps blinking red light

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
rpeiris
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HandyTone 286
ISP Name: Rogers

ATP device keeps blinking red light

Post by rpeiris »

Hi,
I an not a techie by any means, but hopefully I can explain my situation.

I was using the ATP device Grandstream HT 286 until around June 23rd with no issues. The ATP was configured by FreePhoneline when I purchased it. Then I didn't have internet for almost a month at home. However, the ATP device was still plugged in to my router and powered on (I was hoping that my internet issues will get resolved a lot sooner!)
I now have internet at home again, but I can't seem to get the the Grandstream device to recognize the internet connection. It keeps blinking a red light every 5 seconds or so.
I tried to power it off all of last night and plug it back in again this morning, but nothing seems to be working, and it still blinks a red light every 5 seconds.

Anyone able to help me out?

Thanks a bunch!
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: ATP device keeps blinking red light

Post by Fongo Support »

rpeiris wrote:Hi,
I an not a techie by any means, but hopefully I can explain my situation.

I was using the ATP device Grandstream HT 286 until around June 23rd with no issues. The ATP was configured by FreePhoneline when I purchased it. Then I didn't have internet for almost a month at home. However, the ATP device was still plugged in to my router and powered on (I was hoping that my internet issues will get resolved a lot sooner!)
I now have internet at home again, but I can't seem to get the the Grandstream device to recognize the internet connection. It keeps blinking a red light every 5 seconds or so.
I tried to power it off all of last night and plug it back in again this morning, but nothing seems to be working, and it still blinks a red light every 5 seconds.

Anyone able to help me out?

Thanks a bunch!
Hi there,

Please try to power off equipment- modem, router and ata for at least 15-20 minutes and connect again after 20 minutes starting with the modem.

Try testing the line(s) after this- it should be ok.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
rpeiris
Just Passing Thru

Post by rpeiris »

Hi,
It still doesn't work and keeps blinking the red light every 4-5 seconds or so. I powered down everything for about 30-35 minutes and then powered it up one at a time, modem, router and then ATA. I even gave the ATA a direct connection from the modem (by-passing the router), but that didn't help either.
What else can I do?

Thanks
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

rpeiris wrote:Hi,
It still doesn't work and keeps blinking the red light every 4-5 seconds or so. I powered down everything for about 30-35 minutes and then powered it up one at a time, modem, router and then ATA. I even gave the ATA a direct connection from the modem (by-passing the router), but that didn't help either.
What else can I do?

Thanks
Hi there,

If you have a Panasonic cordless phone, please verify that MWI tone detection is disabled on the phone.

Let me know.

Thanks,
rpeiris
Just Passing Thru

Post by rpeiris »

I have a vtech dect 6.0
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

rpeiris wrote:I have a vtech dect 6.0
Hi there,

I think this is a router issue on your end.

I would suggest to open a support ticket for this issue ,

Thanks,
rpeiris
Just Passing Thru

Post by rpeiris »

I'm new to this whole process. Can you please let me know how I create a support ticket? Thanks
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

rpeiris wrote:I'm new to this whole process. Can you please let me know how I create a support ticket? Thanks
Hi there,

Please see below:

http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... ket#p51836

Thanks,