How can remove a FAX message at voicebox?

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!

How can remove a FAX message at voicebox?

Postby eatbloor » 06/02/2009

Choosing turn "copy message to email" on, fax files can be recieved via email. However there still a copy staying at voice box. the voice mail's menu only allow delete message which is voice type. when I tried to pick up the fax type, system notify me "please check web interface". I find nowhere in my account's web pages can handle them. therefore, once fax recieved, it stays at voice mail forever.
eatbloor
One Hit Wonder

Re: How can remove a FAX message at voicebox?

Postby FONGO_kris » 06/03/2009

When you dial into your voicemail inbox (*98) I believe it is option 7 to delete the message.

"You have _ new messages and _ old messages, to hear this message press 1, etc..

Kris
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Postby Paul777 » 06/04/2009

Pressing 7 does not clear the message left by a fax. It says to "use the web interface to read the message". I wonder if this only occurs if the Voice Mail to email is set to "copy". I think the "forward" feature would clear the messege through the softphone so there are no messages to retrieve (either voice mail or fax).

I don't get many faxes so I don't care if the messages still show up through softphone. One day I'll figure a way to clear it or have support assist, but It would be a bit of a hassle if you receive one or two faxes a day.

Paul
Paul777
Just Passing Thru

Postby Krazie243 » 06/10/2009

As quoted from the site (using my own login)

Enable voicemail to email:
none: your voicemails won't be transferred to your email
forward: your voicemails will be forwarded to your correspondence email and will be deleted from your voicemail box
copy: your voicemails will be copied to your correspondence email, but will stay in your voicemail box too, and you will be able to check/delete them using the desktop application

Basically, if you choose the forward option, you can effectively delete all messages from the service without having to touch them. They will all simply show up in and only in your email.

If you have existing faxes within your inbox, please email support@freephoneline.ca with your number and what you need help with. We have access to the server in a way that grants us the ability to delete messages that are stuck. We will not perform this action for someone regularly, but if you have a first time problem you need fixed we will gladly help you.
Curtis Smale
Student of Wilfrid Laurier University
Krazie243
Active Poster

Postby mjbad2 » 06/16/2009

Yes The Fax messages are stuck for some reason.
What is web interface to read the messages?
mjbad2
Active Poster

Postby Krazie243 » 06/16/2009

The web interface is what you look at when you log in at Freephoneline.ca. You can alter your settings there. If your FAX came in before you changed these options, or if you selected the copy option, the FAXes will remain on the server and never move. Me and my coworkers have access to removing these, but we won't make a full time job of it. We recommend that people select forward voicemail to email if they intend to use FAX. If you want to have FAXes but keep your voicemail on the system, then I recommend you sign up for a secondary FPL account and use one line for voice calls and the other for FAX.
Curtis Smale
Student of Wilfrid Laurier University
Krazie243
Active Poster

Return to Tips & Tricks From Seasoned Users