Config Info: Obihai OBi-110 ATA 2 of 2

Here you can post your own working configurations of hardware or software to share with other users who may be using the same device!
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER
This forum is for those users who have already purchased a configuration file with the SIP settings needed to configure any SIP compatible device.

1. Please use this forum only as a means to share your configuration advice and guides for ATA devices and SIP clients that you are using with our service.
2. For any questions relating to device configuration, please use the other forum sections or post your question directly in the device topic that your question is meant for.
3. Please title your topics with only the name and model of your device so users can easily find the information they need.
4. Preferable format for posting here is compressing your screenshots of your successfully configured device into a .zip file, and post a brief description of the configuration.

Please stay on topic

Config Info: Obihai OBi-110 ATA 2 of 2

Postby T.O._Dave » 10/12/2011

CONTINUED FROM 1 OF 2 (viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3098)

STEP 6:
#1. If prompted, log in to the web configuration for the OBi-110: http://192.168.0.188 using the default admin user name and password
#2. Navigate to "Voice Services --> SP1 Service --> SIP Credentials"

4 Voice Services - SP1 Service - REDACTED.jpg
Image 4

#3. As you see from the screen capture, you need to enter:
1. The "AuthUserName" which should be your FPL Telephone Number
2. The "AuthPassword" which is the SIP "key" you purchased for $56.50
3. The "Caller ID Name" which is good phone etiquette. The field allows -- and the OBi-110 transmits -- lowercase text.
Note: If you want to block your ID you can do so on a one-off (*67) or persistent basis (*81)

#4. Click on "Submit" and you will be prompted to reboot the OBi-110. Go ahead and do so.

STEP 7:
#1. If prompted, log in to the web configuration for the OBi-110: http://192.168.0.188 using the default admin user name and password
#2. Navigate to "Physical Interfaces --> PHONE Port"

5 Physical Interfaces - PHONE Port.jpg
Image 5

#3. As you see from the screen capture, you only need to change the value for "PrimaryLine" to "SP1 Service" [which should be FPL]
#4. Click on "Submit" and you will be prompted to reboot the OBi-110. Go ahead and do so.

IF EVERYTHING WAS SET UP CORRECTLY [AND THE NORSE GODS ARE WITH YOU] PICK UP THE HANDSET AND MAKE A CALL

IF IT WORKS . . . G R E A T !!

IF IT DOESN'T . . . I'M NOT ACCEPTING ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY

REMARKS:
I've made a few calls local to Toronto and a LD call to Montreal and the call quality is superb. A barely noticeable notch below Ma Bell's POTS (or PSTN if you prefer) -- and at unbeatable value !!

I'll stress-test over the next 4 to 6 weeks . . . and if FPL and the OBi-110 both hold up (now I've got to UPS the modem / router / ATA / tel set combo for high availability) I'll make the move to port my Bell land-line and say "Buh Bye" to Ma Bell. All for about $150.00 all-in.

BTW, there's much much more the OBi-110 can do: handle a second SIP / VoIP provider; bridge PSTN and VoIP; call other OBi-110s and OBi-100s on the OBiTALK network (every device has a unique 9-digit number) anywhere, dialing plans, etc. etc. that it'll take me months to exploit even half of its capabilities.

I hope this post helps you if you're looking to purchase and ultimately configure an Obihai OBi-110 or OBi-100 ATA with FPL. Small wonder NerdVittles called the OBi-110 the "2011 VoIP Device of the Year" back in January !!

H A P P Y . . . T R A I L S !
Last edited by Jake on 07/06/2013, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added link to Part 1
T.O._Dave
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Obihai Technology OBi-110 ATA
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 (Build: 2290)
ISP Name: AEI Internet - DSL
Computer OS: Win-XP Pro 2002 SP2 [Not Germane]
Router: D-Link DIR-615 Rev C 3.13NA

Re: Config Info: Obihai OBi-110 ATA 2 of 2

Postby cdbr » 10/18/2011

I just got the OBI 110 and hooked it up (using a shorter method than you describe?) and it seemed to work fine on a test call. Now I just have to get my number ported.

However, the real reason I got this is so that my wife's friends in Europe could use SIP phones to call and ring our POTS lines?

1) Any SIP phone recommendations? X-Lite?
2) What information do they (or do I need to put into OBI 110) need to put in to call over SIP to ring our POTS lines? FIrst ATA and I'm a bit confused?

Thank you for any help you can provide.
cdbr
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: OBI110
ISP Name: TechSavvy
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Tomato

Postby vdemko » 12/30/2011

fpl-lauren, does any register strings for Obihai 110 can be or has to be entered like for Linksys devices< like 311 or 411 services?
vdemko
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Grandstream
Firmware Version: HT287 Rev4.1
ISP Name: Shaw Cable
Computer OS: Victa Home Premium
Router: Netgeat 3500L

Postby Maxwell Smart » 01/22/2013

Thank you for this excellent tutorial. I use an OBi100, and the setting changes described in this tutorial worked very well for me.
Maxwell Smart
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: Obihai 100
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2886)
ISP Name: Teksavvy
Computer OS: Windows 10 (64 bit)
Router: SmartRG 515AC
Smartphone Model: Samsung S6
Android Version: 7.0

Postby jay632 » 02/03/2013

A little too complex, you can do most of this from the obihai website I think, it takes you step by step to register device, you just enter your information, that is it. Having more success with this so far. You must have QoS, mine had a lot of crackling til i turned it on.
jay632
Just Passing Thru

Postby jay632 » 02/09/2013

http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/

once you have the device you can get step by step instructions to set it up. Very easy, only thing you need to worry about is, it sometimes over rides the settings that you configured yourself, as you can enter those settings from the website, which then uploads to your device automatically. Like it so far, i had far more problems paptna than this device.
jay632
Just Passing Thru

Postby zassonthemove » 03/16/2013

jay632 wrote:http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/

once you have the device you can get step by step instructions to set it up. Very easy, only thing you need to worry about is, it sometimes over rides the settings that you configured yourself, as you can enter those settings from the website, which then uploads to your device automatically. Like it so far, i had far more problems paptna than this device.

Just be careful to remember if you've used the OBItalk online config tool. I couldn't understand for the life of me why changes I made locally on the OBI110 were reverting back to their previous settings all on their own (even after submitting and rebooting). I had to delete the OBItalk configs first as the OBItalk utility will override any configurations you set locally if they are in conflict.
zassonthemove
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: OBIHAI/OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0.2744
ISP Name: verizon fios
Computer OS: windows vista
Router: actiontec

Postby zassonthemove » 03/16/2013

Since Feb 2013, SIP server voip.freephoneline.ca was no longer working with clients trying to register with URL=sip.fongo.com. (look under Voice Services --> SP1 Service --> SIP Credentials --> URL in your OBIhai config). Clear the URL field and leave it empty, submit, and reboot to get your client working again with voip.freephoneline.ca.
zassonthemove
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: OBIHAI/OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0.2744
ISP Name: verizon fios
Computer OS: windows vista
Router: actiontec

Postby adit » 05/23/2013

Great, this worked for me. I just want to add a note (had the problem). You will need to open some ports on your router also, if not you may get a one way voice only. Check OBI site or your OBI documentation for the ports you need to open. Don't get confused with the ports posted by freephoneline, those are ONLY for the desktop application they use. You need to open the ports required by OBI:

What ports should I keep open on my router/firewall?
In order for your OBi to be able to send packets w/o interruption, please configure your router as follows:

Allow Outgoing:
TCP Ports: 6800, 5222, 5223
UDP Ports: 5060, 5061, 10000 to 11000, 16600 to 16998, 19305
Allow Incoming on UDP Port: 10000

http://www.obihai.com/FAQ.html

Second note, if you have problems with "SIP scanners" (calls from numbers like 100 or 1000) see this thread:

http://obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.0

Method 4 works for me.
adit
Just Passing Thru

Postby fmuskie » 06/16/2013

adit wrote:Great, this worked for me. I just want to add a note (had the problem). You will need to open some ports on your router also, if not you may get a one way voice only. Check OBI site or your OBI documentation for the ports you need to open. Don't get confused with the ports posted by freephoneline, those are ONLY for the desktop application they use. You need to open the ports required by OBI:

What ports should I keep open on my router/firewall?
In order for your OBi to be able to send packets w/o interruption, please configure your router as follows:

Allow Outgoing:
TCP Ports: 6800, 5222, 5223
UDP Ports: 5060, 5061, 10000 to 11000, 16600 to 16998, 19305
Allow Incoming on UDP Port: 10000

http://www.obihai.com/FAQ.html

Second note, if you have problems with "SIP scanners" (calls from numbers like 100 or 1000) see this thread:

http://obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.0

Method 4 works for me.

Somehow I'm facing the both problem that mentioned in your additional notes.

"One way audio"
I need to set the DMZ under the soho router (TP-Link) that point to Obi-110 in order to work.

"SIP scanner"
I tried "method 4" but still not working. I randomly get those "1000" and "1001" call.

Any comments?
fmuskie
One Hit Wonder

Postby pinipogue » 07/06/2013

Hey Guy's

were can I find step 1 to 5 for my obehai 202

Thanks
pinipogue
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: SPA-2102
Firmware Version: 5-2-5
ISP Name: EloectronicsBox
Computer OS: Win XP
Router: Assus RT-66N

Postby Jake » 07/06/2013

pinipogue wrote:Hey Guy's

were can I find step 1 to 5 for my obehai 202

Thanks

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3098

I've edited the first post to make it easier for others.
Jake
Technical Support

Return to Device Configuration Sharing