Caller ID "Name" not showing up with softphone

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!

Caller ID "Name" not showing up with softphone

Postby westor » 07/31/2009

According to the CallerID information page (http://www.freephoneline.ca/callerID) the name of a caller inaddition to the number should be showing up. I am using the softphone and have yet to see anything other than the phone number. Is this not supported by the softphone? Would I get this feature if I am using an ATA? I also noticed that the call logs only show the phone number and not the name. Why don't the logs show the name?

I have also noticed that there seems to be some incompaibilites with other providers. When I call out usingthe softphone to my BabyTEL line, no caller ID information is displayed on the babyTEL display. However, when I call from my Bell landline to the BabyTEL line, name and number are displayed. Does anyone understand why this might be?

I have been thinking about porting my bell landline to freephoneline and forwarding it to my babyTEL line. Unfortunately, with my initial testing, it seems that I would lose CallerID (name and number) in this situation. If I could get this fixed and I found that the service with freephoneline was working for me I would drop BabyTEL as well.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.
westor
Just Passing Thru

Return to Tips & Tricks From Seasoned Users