Freephoneline - $119.95* - things you need to know

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Freephoneline - $119.95* - things you need to know

Postby Funkytown » 02/20/2013

last updated

March 20th - 2013
June 3rd - 2013

Most Important Things To Know

- Voip = No internet! No Voip phone!

Credit card

- Always provide the right credit card information (example: address & name ..etc) when purchasing any of the Fongo/FreePhonline services & software or products, if not the system can decline your purchase at any time.

What if you don't have a credit card?

A. Yes there is a simple solution.
B. Pre Paid Visa - nobody is refused
C. Pre Paid Visa Credit Card I guarantee you, works by ordering or purchasing anything to do with Fongo/Freephoneline services.
D. Quebec - insta-cheque - you can access one it's called a pre paid Visa credit card
(You can go to this link to find the nearest local branch near you by visiting http://www.insta-cheques.ca)
E. Other Provinces (outside of Quebec) Moneymart - you can access one it's called a pre paid Visa credit card
(You can go to this link to find the nearest local branch near you by visiting http://www.moneymart.ca/ / http://www.mytitanium.ca)

Any experience with Voip?

- You will need to have previous knowledge and experience in setting & configuring all on your own a Sip/ATA Device + Wired/Wireless router + cable/dsl modem, with ultimate patience.

This is for everyone new to Freephoneline "VOIP", I will post all your questions and answers into this thread , in simple terms making it easier for everyone to read.

If you have DSL, Cable, vdsl, etc at home/office and plan on using the Freephoneline Voip, please continue to read.....

step by step

A. Freephoneline = Sign up for FREE here https://www.freephoneline.ca/accountRegistrationStepOne

B. Once you have finished the sign up process in A above, and your logged in and (Registered), make sure it says your “Admin Account” and then follow how to have your Unlocked Key for $59.95* over here clicking on this link https://www.freephoneline.ca/login?page ... ToPurchase.

C. Once you have gone through the purchase setup for your Freephonline Unlock Key it will automatically unlock a door/setting in the “Admin Account” to where a new sub category is called Sip Settings and this is where you go to get what is needed to be placed into your own purchased ATA SIp Device.

C. BYOD = Bring/Buy Your Own Device:
You have to purchase your own ATA SIP Device, they can range around approx $35 or higher and a common place to look on like most people is eathier (ebay, kijiji or craigslits in your local area), please be cautious as I have heard of there being knockoffs/counterfeits ATA Devices being sold.

D. Once you have gone threw all the steps above you should be on your way to test by making and receiving calls.

Extras

A. You want to transfer your existing providers phone number?
B. Yes! In most cases you can transfer over your number to Freephoneline for only $25.00 (inquire first with Fongo Support by PM)
C. Only after you are 100% sure that you can forward your existing phone providers number over, then click on this link http://www.freephoneline.ca/optionalServices# 'Transfer my number'
D. Also an 'important reminder' while this transfer is taking place
(example: your with another provider transferring your existing phone number over to Freephonline)
PLEASE do not cancel with your existing provider until the process is completely done.
E. I suggest you to keep in contact with in 2 weeks of the transfer with Freephonline Support by PM until it's confirmed the transfer has been completed.
F. Once your phone number is transfered and in the hands of Freephonline, you will then have to set up your new Sip credentials within your ATA device that you own.

You now have no land-line after you transferred your current phone number?

A. What to do now? Usually your current ISP (Internet Service Provider) if your using DSL or VDSL will put you on a Dry Loop service "approx $10 ea month depending on the distance you are from the switching center" (you can always inquire the Dry Loop fees before hand with your current ISP over the phone).
B. If you do plan on switching your Land Line with Voip then dry loop is generally the route that some take, or to save you from Dry Loop fees go with cable as you don't have to worry about Dry Loop fees.

If you have anymore questions on "Freephoneline - $119.95+tax Lifetime* and/or i have left anything out" please post all your questions below.
Funkytown
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 (SR5) Oct 14 2
ISP Name: Cik Telecom
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Zyxel EMG2926
Smartphone Model: LG G8 Thinq
Android Version: Android Q

Re: Freephoneline - $50.00* - things you need to know

Postby awan » 02/25/2013

I would suggest that bring your own device should not be promoted unless the person is a techie like me or you. in order to minimize the down time and also have centralized provisioning we can encourage/recommend a set model of devices, and this way provisioning files can be placed at a server, provisioning the devices with predefined parameters.

result will be better stable service with less headache
awan
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Softphone/Linksys3102/SPA2100
ISP Name: ACANAC

Postby seagame2001 » 02/28/2013

if you are not a techie person then you won't go this route

he tried to show people how to save money that's all
seagame2001
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: Groundwire
ISP Name: 3web
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Dlink-DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 5.1.1

Postby romandesign » 03/11/2013

I have registered with freephonline.ca, registered desktop app, then I purchased unlock key for $50+HST, got the email with config details, but there is only a desktop app present under "admin account", I don't see any settings for the VOIP account. Please advise!
Roman Bershadsky

web designer, composer
Roman Design - award-winning Toronto Web Design Studio - corporate and small business web design in Toronto and GTA, Ontario
My music: Moebius Cat - listen and download free.
romandesign
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Roman Bershadsky
ISP Name: Acanac
Computer OS: Win 7 x64
Router: none

Postby Jake » 03/11/2013

romandesign wrote:I have registered with freephonline.ca, registered desktop app, then I purchased unlock key for $50+HST, got the email with config details, but there is only a desktop app present under "admin account", I don't see any settings for the VOIP account. Please advise!

I just answered your other post, but basically the desktop app is the same as when you buy the unlock key (config file). Just click on the settings button when you first log in and you should get the other settings.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby romandesign » 03/11/2013

Thanks!
Roman Bershadsky

web designer, composer
Roman Design - award-winning Toronto Web Design Studio - corporate and small business web design in Toronto and GTA, Ontario
My music: Moebius Cat - listen and download free.
romandesign
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Roman Bershadsky
ISP Name: Acanac
Computer OS: Win 7 x64
Router: none

Postby clujeanul » 03/21/2013

I'm new with freephone and with Voip in general. I tested before with Comwave and it worked. Right now I can make a call through computer or my phone (just installed and configured my ATA) they can hear me but I'm not able to hear anything. Lately after I downloaded the app again I'm not able to hear the ring, also.
I put my cell phone in the follow me settings and sequential after the set up 5 rings my cell phone rings and i can use it.
Do someone knows why this happens ?
I had the same problem since I started so it's not related with my ATA device configuration, I believe.
I tried to test the connection twice and didn't go through,
Result:
Unable to send/receive sound data. Port 13000 should be available
Possible reasons:
Call service temporary unavailable
Can you help me with this ?
Starting tomorrow my land line number is transferred and I can make any calls .
Thanks
clujeanul
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: SPA112, 2 FXS
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 (006) Oct 22 2
ISP Name: Rogers cable
Computer OS: Widows xp
Router: SMS8014W-G

Postby ma678 » 03/21/2013

I assumed you have purchased the config file from FPL.

FPL recommends you choose UDP and Port 5060.
ma678
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.1.10 (GW)
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Postby Funkytown » 03/29/2013

clujeanul wrote:I'm new with freephone and with Voip in general. I tested before with Comwave and it worked. Right now I can make a call through computer or my phone (just installed and configured my ATA) they can hear me but I'm not able to hear anything. Lately after I downloaded the app again I'm not able to hear the ring, also.
I put my cell phone in the follow me settings and sequential after the set up 5 rings my cell phone rings and i can use it.
Do someone knows why this happens ?
I had the same problem since I started so it's not related with my ATA device configuration, I believe.
I tried to test the connection twice and didn't go through,
Result:
Unable to send/receive sound data. Port 13000 should be available
Possible reasons:
Call service temporary unavailable
Can you help me with this ?
Starting tomorrow my land line number is transferred and I can make any calls .
Thanks

Hi, welcome to FPL!
I am not quite sure if you still need help here? If you do... you will have to check the ports that are setup in your Sip Device and those same ports are the ones that you have to open with port forward in your router so that incoming/outgoing work properly.
Funkytown
Technical Support

Postby MikeyC66 » 04/19/2013

I have been trying for the past month to purchase my config file and have been getting a generic error each time (see attachment). Each time I attempt the purchase, I am verifying the correct CC information has been entered and my address is correct. I have sent 2 emails to support@freephoneline.ca and have not gotten any responses. Someone please help.

I was a Freephoneline.ca internet subscriber but recently cancelled my internet service to switch to a different ISP. Prior to switching, I had configured my newly purchased Cisco SPA112 to work correctly with freephoneline so I could deactivate the freephoneline router as the ATA. Everything was working properly with the new device until I cancelled the internet service, at which time the Cisco ATA stopped working. I have since discovered the $50 fee I had previously paid when I signed up for the internet/phone bundle was tied to the bundle and was also cancelled when the internet was cancelled. The support person instructed me that I was required to purchase another config file (still don't agree with that) but I haven't been able to place the order. I would like to continue to use the service but nobody seems willing to offer any assistance.
MikeyC66
Just Passing Thru

Firmware Version: -
ISP Name: Teksavvy
Computer OS: Windows XP
Router: Netgear WNDR4000

Postby Fongo Support » 04/19/2013

MikeyC66 wrote:I have been trying for the past month to purchase my config file and have been getting a generic error each time (see attachment). Each time I attempt the purchase, I am verifying the correct CC information has been entered and my address is correct. I have sent 2 emails to support@freephoneline.ca and have not gotten any responses. Someone please help.

I was a Freephoneline.ca internet subscriber but recently cancelled my internet service to switch to a different ISP. Prior to switching, I had configured my newly purchased Cisco SPA112 to work correctly with freephoneline so I could deactivate the freephoneline router as the ATA. Everything was working properly with the new device until I cancelled the internet service, at which time the Cisco ATA stopped working. I have since discovered the $50 fee I had previously paid when I signed up for the internet/phone bundle was tied to the bundle and was also cancelled when the internet was cancelled. The support person instructed me that I was required to purchase another config file (still don't agree with that) but I haven't been able to place the order. I would like to continue to use the service but nobody seems willing to offer any assistance.

Hi there,

Please provide the ticket# you have received from support and I will have a look. (send me a PM)

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby MikeyC66 » 04/22/2013

Issue has been resolved. Thanks for the help.
MikeyC66
Just Passing Thru

Firmware Version: -
ISP Name: Teksavvy
Computer OS: Windows XP
Router: Netgear WNDR4000

Postby atillathehun » 07/11/2013

Hello,

Can you please provide some clarification as I am a bit confused as to how is the best way to go about getting VoIP service. The information regarding VoIP services and providers is overwhelming out there however, it is very limited on FPL website regarding their own services and features.

I am registered with FPL, I have ported my old home number to FPL, I am considering getting VoIP, I am with Rogers for TV and internet and I don't have a land-line. This is what I understand:

1) If I want VoIP with FPL I will have to pay $50 for VoIP unlock key, pay $5 p/m and BOYD, but I am confused about their services and features, how I go about taking my number or phone with me for free calls around the word etc, the info is extremely limited on their website, it seems like they are referring the home service to Fongo as the only alternative.
2) If I go with Fongo I will have to buy their ATA for $75 including shipping and pay $5 p/m for the service, but do I have to pay $50 VoIP unlock as well, and if I want to keep my home number with FPL will I have to port it again and pay $25.
3) Is Fongo and FPL the same and provide the same technology and infrastructure regarding handling the calls, routing, features etc?
4) If I pay the $50 VoIP unlock key and buy my own ATA but choose a VoIP provider other then Fongo can I keep my existing home phone number with FPL or I will have to port it again, in which case what's the use of paying the $50 VoIP unlock fee.
5) How does FPL's technology compare to other VoIP providers?
Thanks in advance.
atillathehun
One Hit Wonder

ISP Name: rogers, cable
Computer OS: windows 7
Router: cisco dpc3825

Postby Funkytown » 07/21/2013

atillathehun wrote:Hello,

Can you please provide some clarification

I am registered with FPL, I have ported my old home number to FPL, I am considering getting VoIP, I am with Rogers for TV and internet and I don't have a land-line. This is what I understand:

Hi, welcome to the forum "tillathehun"

Most people who seem to be all in confusion and are quite new to Voip are actually on the right path to begin saving $$$.
Don't worry were always here with open arms ready to help you & others.

1/ Do you own a Sip device (Analogue Telephone Adapter)?
2/ For a one-time fee of $50, you can use any SIP device with Freephoneline and you will also be able to go to the unlocked admin panel to where your private sip configuration settings are at for your virtual phone number that you chose while signing up to Freephoneline!
3/ If you already have done (1/) + (2/) then you should be up and dialing very soon.
Funkytown
Technical Support

Postby invincible » 08/05/2013

I have paid the $50 to buy the unlock key. It works on the new FPL phone number. Now, if I want to pay $25 to port my old number to FPL, can I still use the unlock key file to configure my old phone number? I don't want to pay $50 twice. Thanks.
invincible
Just Passing Thru

Postby Jake » 08/05/2013

invincible wrote:I have paid the $50 to buy the unlock key. It works on the new FPL phone number. Now, if I want to pay $25 to port my old number to FPL, can I still use the unlock key file to configure my old phone number? I don't want to pay $50 twice. Thanks.

No, you won't need to buy the unlock key again. You can just port your number into the same account.

Things I will mention -
1. When you port your number in, you will loose the FPL number you have currently.
2. When your number is ported into FPL you will have to go into your ATA and change your username setting from your current FPL number to your newly ported number INCLUDING the initial 1.

Other than that everything else should stay the same.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby invincible » 08/05/2013

Great, Jake. Thanks. That is exactly what I expected! But as my current VOIP provider Comwave would charge me a rogue of $50 if I want to port the number to FPL, I will think it twice. Perhaps it's not worth it.

Thanks a lot, sir!
invincible
Just Passing Thru

Postby cham » 11/15/2013

i purchased the Voip Key and got the order confirmation email. However i did not receive the Config file. The confirmation email shows that there is an attachment but there is no attachment. How do i contact somebody to get the config files sent to me?
cham
Just Passing Thru

Postby Fongo Support » 11/16/2013

cham wrote:i purchased the Voip Key and got the order confirmation email. However i did not receive the Config file. The confirmation email shows that there is an attachment but there is no attachment. How do i contact somebody to get the config files sent to me?

Hi there,

The SIP settings can be found by logging in into your account online-details below:

To retrieve your SIP Settings, please login to your account at https://www.freephoneline.ca/login

Once you are logged in, please click on "Settings" then "SIP Settings", your VoIP Unlock Key credentials will be listed there.

Important: Please ensure that your 3rd party ATA is configured according to the FPL guidelines: http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... redentials

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby b3l » 02/19/2014

I get the message that my account is blocked. I have paid via credit card for the sip config.
b3l
Quiet One

Postby Jake » 02/19/2014

b3l wrote:I get the message that my account is blocked. I have paid via credit card for the sip config.

You will need to open a support ticket on this one. See my sig for links.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby b3l » 02/19/2014

I've tried sending Fongo Support a message with my ticket number but when I clicked submit it is still sitting in my outbox and I don't know how to get it to send. Shouldn't it be in sent folder if it has been sent properly?
b3l
Quiet One

Postby Jake » 02/19/2014

When did you send it?

It will sit in your outbox until they read it, so it is normal to see it there. They might not have logged on and got to your message yet.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby b3l » 02/19/2014

Aha, I understand how it works now. Thanks for clarifying. I will wait awhile as I sent it recently. Thanks again.
b3l
Quiet One

Postby b3l » 02/19/2014

All fixed, thanks.
b3l
Quiet One

Next

Return to Community Support