Freephoneline - $119.95* - things you need to know

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Re: Freephoneline - $50.00* - things you need to know

Postby lucas10 » 05/03/2014

I purchased VOIP Unlock Key May2-2014, paid $50+tax for it but did not receive it yet as promised immediate e-mail delivery.
Please send it to me, since you been paid for it.
lucas10
Just Passing Thru

Computer OS: win7

Postby Jake » 05/03/2014

Did you read the reply in your other post you made? viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15680&p=62720#p62720

If you look online you should be able to find your details.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby ctm » 05/16/2014

how come I can't see the post I just posted?
ctm
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: obi100
Firmware Version: 1.3.0.2815
ISP Name: teksavvy cable 25/2
Computer OS: windows 7

Postby tomtam » 06/04/2014

I paid $50 to buy an unlock key couple days ago, however I didn't receive any confirmation. How long would normally take to process an unlock key request? When I login SIP setting shows nothing. Who can verify our current status?
tomtam
One Hit Wonder

Postby Jake » 06/05/2014

tomtam wrote:I paid $50 to buy an unlock key couple days ago, however I didn't receive any confirmation. How long would normally take to process an unlock key request? When I login SIP setting shows nothing. Who can verify our current status?

Log in online and see if your settings are there. It should be fairly instant although a few have reported they did not receive an email.

Head to the SIP settings page on your online account and it should be there, if not open a support ticket using the links in my sig.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby esthershensh » 12/30/2014

HI,
thanks to help me on this year end.
I registered fongo softphone for desktop 2 weeks before, it works good.

I don't want to keep my computer on all the time, so I'm going to use ATA + real phone to replace softphone.

I ordered unlocked key from freephoneline.ca, after "account login" , choose "visit online store" , then "unlocked key" , bought the unlocked key. also I bought the ATA (grandstream ht702) from other retailer.

my question is if the unlocked key I bought in this way work with ATA+real phone (using the number I got when register desktop app)?

following is what I found out after setting up( the setup is based on the ht702 setup guide from forum)

for both incoming call and outgoing call,
there is ring tone ,
but cannot hear anything from my side, the other side can hear my voice.
I also cannot hear ringback tone when I call out from my real phone.
I tried one direct number with voice mail, cannot go to the voicemail even nobody pickup the phone. I tried to use my cell to call the same number, it goes to voicemail after 3-4 times rings.

really appreciated your help on it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
esthershensh
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: grandstream ht702
ISP Name: bell dsl
Computer OS: windows 7
Router: bell connection hub

Postby Mango » 12/30/2014

Please contact support for this issue: http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new
Mango
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Toastman Tomato

Postby tango » 01/27/2015

Funkytown wrote:
You now have no land-line after you transferred your current phone number?

A. What to do now? Usually your current ISP (Internet Service Provider) if your using DSL or VDSL will put you on a Dry Loop service "approx $10 ea month depending on the distance you are from the switching center" (you can always inquire the Dry Loop fees before hand with your current ISP over the phone).
B. If you do plan on switching your Land Line with Voip then dry loop is generally the route that some take, or to save you from Dry Loop fees go with cable as you don't have to worry about Dry Loop fees.

If you have anymore questions on "Freephoneline - $50.00 Lifetime* and/or i have left anything out" please post all your questions below.

Once the landline number has been ported, an existing Bell DSL customer should call Bell support to get a new dry loop number for the DSL router, and insist that there is no charge for the dry loop. This policy (no charge naked DSL) is not new, has been available since 2005! Other dry loop re-sellers will charge their customers $10 or something as they have to pay Bell for it. You can call Bell to confirm, perhaps it's some kind of best kept secret :)!
tango
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: OBi110i
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 2872
ISP Name: Bell DSL
Router: Sagemcom 2864

Postby ckkatan » 01/28/2015

tango wrote:
Funkytown wrote:
You now have no land-line after you transferred your current phone number?

A. What to do now? Usually your current ISP (Internet Service Provider) if your using DSL or VDSL will put you on a Dry Loop service "approx $10 ea month depending on the distance you are from the switching center" (you can always inquire the Dry Loop fees before hand with your current ISP over the phone).
B. If you do plan on switching your Land Line with Voip then dry loop is generally the route that some take, or to save you from Dry Loop fees go with cable as you don't have to worry about Dry Loop fees.

If you have anymore questions on "Freephoneline - $50.00 Lifetime* and/or i have left anything out" please post all your questions below.

Once the landline number has been ported, an existing Bell DSL customer should call Bell support to get a new dry loop number for the DSL router, and insist that there is no charge for the dry loop. This policy (no charge naked DSL) is not new, has been available since 2005! Other dry loop re-sellers will charge their customers $10 or something as they have to pay Bell for it. You can call Bell to confirm, perhaps it's some kind of best kept secret :)!

Primus is providing FREE dry loop now.
ckkatan
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Cisco
ISP Name: DSL
Router: Linksys

Postby tango » 01/28/2015

I'd say the "free dry loop" is a marketing scheme, as it is buried under the so-called "bundle saving". As a (Bell/Rogers) customer starts cutting one service, e.g. landline, the Internet premium goes up by $10, $15 already. Similarly, Primus Internet package would be marketed the same way, the dry loop cost is already paid for in the overal service charges. Thus, the real comparison should be "orange" to "orange": for the same 25 MB down, 15 MB up internet only, which Service Provider gives the lower cost, that would be the real difference/saving!
tango
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: OBi110i
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 2872
ISP Name: Bell DSL
Router: Sagemcom 2864

Postby djkoloks » 02/13/2015

Can the unlocked account be setup on multiple ATAs or is it limited to one only?
I would like to have the same phone number ring at two different locations if possible.
djkoloks
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: CISCO SPA112
Firmware Version: Version 1.3.5 (004p)
ISP Name: Rogers - Cable
Router: Hitron CGN2-ROG

Postby Jake » 02/13/2015

Only one device at a time unfortunately.

A couple of things you can do is either set up a PBX account at somewhere like pbxes.org. You log into your FPL account at pbxes, then log your atas into your pbxes account. This way there is only one 'device' logged into your FPL account, but you can have multiple extensions connected to your pbxes account. For FPL I believe they require you to have a paid account however.

Another thing you can do is buy another unlock key for a separate account and then set up simultaneous ringing in the FPL online admin. This would obviously involve buying another unlock key for a one time fee, but will probably pay for itself in time over the pbxes option. You could also set up the Fongo app on a phone and have it ring to that number for free also.

Depending on how much you want to get into it, you could set up a PBX yourself if you have a spare computer. I have one running on a raspberry pi I picked up for little more than $35. You can then log the pbx onto your FPL account and then you register your ATAs to the pbx, or make it ring other number when calls come in. This option is obviously a lot more involved however.

None of the answers are what you are looking for unfortunately, because they only allow us to register one device at a time. One of these options might suit you though as an alternative. Keep in mind that you can make one number ring multiple numbers (for free if they are in the free calling areas or another fpl/fonogo number) by playing with the call forwarding in the online admin. If the other location already has a number, then you can just enter this in the settings online and incoming calls will make it ring.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby djkoloks » 02/19/2015

Thanks for the info Jake.
djkoloks
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: CISCO SPA112
Firmware Version: Version 1.3.5 (004p)
ISP Name: Rogers - Cable
Router: Hitron CGN2-ROG

Postby Terence » 02/20/2015

Since I am new to FPL and VoIP in general, I haven't decided which ATA device (or VoIP Phone) to use.

If I buy the VoIP Unlock Key for $50, and decide to switch to a different ATA device later, will I have to pay the $50 again?

What does the VoIP Unlock Key include? Is it just the Username and Password for the SIP connection?

Thanks.
Terence
One Hit Wonder

ISP Name: TekSavvy DSL

Postby Mango » 02/20/2015

No, you can switch ATAs as you like (but only one ATA may be used at a time).

Yes, the VoIP unlock key is the username and password.

OBi ATAs are the most popular ATAs on the market today: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,28548409
Mango
Tried and True

Re: Freephoneline - $59.95* - things you need to know

Postby sliu » 03/02/2015

New to this forum and hope someone could help with the question below:
Besides the $59.95, is there any monthly fee i have pay? how much?
Thanks for the help!
sliu
Just Passing Thru

Postby Jake » 03/03/2015

There is no monthly fee. The only extra you will have to pay is the TAX and then the optional things are any long distance credits that you might need, and you now have to pay for support if you can't get things going yourself or get the answer here on the forum and you have to get them to assist you. You will also have to provide your own ATA (or other sip device).

I bought my first config file (unlock key) many years ago and I have never been charged anything since.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby sliu » 03/03/2015

Jake,
Thanks for the help!
It sounded too good to be true but it is true :D
sliu
Just Passing Thru

Postby mh1983 » 04/28/2015

A new thing to know: 911 calls apparently cost $35 a pop.
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Postby killerjay » 07/14/2015

35$ to call 911? wow... getting robbed by fongo and the burglar all at once. funny how they charge so much for 911 and yet, you can call 911 for free with a deactivated cellphone.... hmmm...
killerjay
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: grandstream 286
ISP Name: cogeco
Computer OS: windows vista
Router: dir-655

Postby Mango » 07/14/2015

A cell phone call to 911 doesn't route to a national response centre. VoIP 911 costs more than cell or landline 911. Thank the CRTC.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby johnsnow » 09/12/2015

We should be allowed at least one test call when an account is activated just to be sure it's working.
johnsnow
Just Passing Thru

Re: Freephoneline - $69.95* - things you need to know

Postby Rambokid » 01/14/2016

I already have an VoIP unlock key and using it with Linksys PAP2T for a few years.
I want to purchase a second VoIP unlock key for my existing landline number. I am unable to figure how to do it.

Basically, I need to transfer the number for $25, buy VoIP unlock key for $69.95.

After I logged in, there is no option to buy VoIP unlock key. There is an option to transfer the number.
Is it one VoIP unlock key per account?

What are the step for purchase a second VoIP unlock key for an existing number?
Rambokid
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)

Postby Jake » 01/17/2016

I think I understand you situation like this (sorry if I got it wrong)

1. You have an existing FPL number that you have payed for the unlock key on.
2. You have a separate landline number (we shall say with Bell) that you want to move to FPL and buy the unlock key.
3. You are wanting to keep both the existing FPL number, and your Bell number.

If this is the case, what you need to do is create a second account and get a second 'temporary' FPL number, then port your Bell number to that account and buy the unlock key on that account.

Porting in another number will replace the FPL provided number associated with that account. You can also only have one unlock key with each account, due to the fact that only one is ever needed. You would use the same un/pw details on whatever device you wanted to use - the only caveat being you can only have one device logged into the system at one. So for example you would not be able to have your PAP2T and an OBi ATA connected at the same time, for the same account.

If #3 is wrong and you don't want to keep your existing FPL number, then just port in your Bell number, the unlock key will effectively transfer to the new number. This will REPLACE your existing FPL number, so only do this if you are sure you don't want it anymore.

If I got things upside down, let me know and I will give it another try at answering you :D
Jake
Technical Support

Postby Jake » 01/17/2016

Fongo Support, while your design team is on the website changing the price change (2nd in under a year?) you might want to get them to either remove, or replace this tab screen http://prntscr.com/9r8c1c
Seeing it is the first screen that comes up, it really doesn't look good. If nothing else, get them to replace the 2013 bit with <?php echo date('Y') ;?>
Jake
Technical Support

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support