No Incoming Audio for new "VOIP unlock key"

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Re: No Incoming Audio for new "VOIP unlock key"

Postby eeeee » 01/02/2015

Hi Mango, the settings you suggested worked! I got clear inbound audio as soon as I configured the ATA. Thanks so much!
eeeee
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.3.3(015)
ISP Name: Bell DSL
Computer OS: Win 8.1
Router: Sagemcom F@st 2864

Postby Mango » 01/02/2015

Great to hear. Hopefully when the admins get back after the holiday this will be fixed permanently.
Mango
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Toastman Tomato

no incoming voice heard

Postby jasmin » 01/02/2015

already submitted a Request #93933 "no incoming voice only from..."

Hi, I have the same issue
my new service is not working correctly for my ported phone number
I cannot hear the caller but they can hear me but from an FPL caller it works fine
please read my explanation

I have a Cisco SPA112 firmware version 1.3.3 with quick setup option
as you can see in the attached file.. I put my credentials and when I am on a call I cannot hear the caller but they can hear me....
for testing my settings and connection I JUST CHANGE the 3 fields of credentials with my friend phone number (with freephonelines) and his password and all works fine...NOTHING ELSE IS CHANGED....I put back my credentials as you can see in the attached file and suddenly I cannot hear all callers no matter who initiated the call, IN or OUT, I cannot hear the caller but they can hear me...
I tried with proxy "voip2.freephoneline.ca" but it is the same issue..

conclusion:
new ported phone number
FPL phone callers, the audio works both sides

other calls (in or out) I cannot hear the caller but they can hear me
tried with Telus, Rogers and Fido and Bell land line callers all they can hear me but I cannot hear them

newer account can receive calls but when dial out, I cannot hear the ring tone, after number input, no dialing rings, don't know whether the called party picks up the call or not, and if the called party picks up the call, they claim that they can hear us, but on our side we can't hear anything during the whole call.

Please can someone give his feedback to help me solve this
Thank you
Attachments
Selection_005.jpg
Selection_005.jpg (177.58 KiB) Viewed 32251 times
jasmin
Just Passing Thru

no incoming voice heard

Postby jasmin » 01/02/2015

submitted a Request #93933 "no incoming voice only from..."
jasmin
Just Passing Thru

Postby jasmin » 01/03/2015

submitted a Request #93933 "no incoming voice only from..."
jasmin
Just Passing Thru

Postby j8van » 01/04/2015

Hi, I have been having this same problem for quite long time.
I'm using my FPL account on Linksys SPA2102 ATA, it is working perfectly for over 4 years.
My parents are using a newer (about 2 years) FPL account on SPA PAP2T, but having the problem as mentioned for last whole year.

I have tried 4 methods to fix the problem:
1) In my house, SPA 2102, all settings are the same but swap 2 FPL's UserID/password
2) In my house, SPA PAP2T, all settings are the same but swap 2 FPL's UserID/Password
3) Parents house, SPA 2102, all settings are the same but swap 2 FPL's UserID/Password
4) Parents house, SPA PAP2T, all settings are the same but swap 2 FPL's UserID/Password
The results all turn out the same:
My older account works perfectly regardless where and which device were being used
Parents' newer account can receive calls but when dial out, we can hear the ring tone, after number input, no dialing rings, don't know whether the called party picks up the call or not, and if the called party picks up the call, they claim that they can hear us, but on our side we can't hear anything during the whole call.

I have tried Mr. mango's suggestion but still no luck, so I'd assume there is something different between our older account and newer account, can anyone give me advice or Fongo Support team help investigate the issues?

Thank you very much.
Jay
j8van
Active Poster

Postby Mango » 01/04/2015

If you haven't already, you may want to file a ticket. Since your equipment works with one UserID/Password but not the other, it certainly suggests that it is configured properly.

http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new

Let us know how things go.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby jasmin » 01/04/2015

Mango as you saw before me, others has said your suggestion worked for them

it's driving me crazy....but I tried all suggestions in this thread and other places to no avail

I feel bad cause I suggested to my friend an elderly lady to switch from another VOIP provider
and now she cannot use her only phone for days

I hope fongo support can get to my ticket and fix it....
jasmin
Just Passing Thru

Postby j8van » 01/05/2015

Mango wrote:If you haven't already, you may want to file a ticket. Since your equipment works with one UserID/Password but not the other, it certainly suggests that it is configured properly.

Thanks.
I have submitted a request (#94217) to the support team, hope the problem can get fixed soon.
Jay
j8van
Active Poster

Postby bridonca » 01/05/2015

If you ever do decide to get another SIP ATA, stay away from Cisco gear. If you had used something like an Obihai product, the Obihai would have tried to work around the problem, instead of going into stupid mode like the Cisco. When you have to deal with other potential problems like a dodgy router, or a modem with an identity crisis, you really cannot afford to deal with a stubborn ATA.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Postby jasmin » 01/05/2015

got an email form fongo support
and my issue is fixed...
I went crazy trying so many suggestions none worked...

this is their email

I have verified your account and forced a registration.

Please power off ATA for 5 minutes and power back on after 5 minutes.

now it is working.....

Thank you fongo support
jasmin
Just Passing Thru

Postby Mango » 01/05/2015

It's great to hear they solved the problem for you. If you had configured a STUN server, I suggest you test to see if things work without it - as a STUN server should only be used when absolutely necessary.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby j8van » 01/06/2015

j8van wrote:
Mango wrote:If you haven't already, you may want to file a ticket. Since your equipment works with one UserID/Password but not the other, it certainly suggests that it is configured properly.

Thanks.
I have submitted a request (#94217) to the support team, hope the problem can get fixed soon.

Hi, I have sent PM to Fongo Support, but it remains in the "Outbox" and hasn't been read for a day, can support team help process it? Thanks a lot.
Jay
j8van
Active Poster

Postby Mango » 01/06/2015

Hi j8van, I have some additional suggestions:

- Please try to change your Proxy to voip3.freephoneline.ca

- If that does not solve the problem, please use your router to forward the UDP (not TCP) port range 16384-16482 to your ATA's IP address.

- If that still does not solve the problem, please see if the following settings (which you tried before) now work:
Handle VIA received: yes
Handle VIA rport: yes
Substitute VIA Addr: yes

Good luck,
m.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby Jake » 01/06/2015

Only the official voip servers are to be used. voip3.freephoneline.ca is not an official use server and should not be used as it may get your account in trouble.

Please see this page for a list of the official servers to be used http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... redentials
Jake
Technical Support

Postby j8van » 01/06/2015

Mango wrote:Hi j8van, I have some additional suggestions:

- Please try to change your Proxy to voip3.freephoneline.ca
I tried before, it worked for first call but problem's back since after.
- If that does not solve the problem, please use your router to forward the UDP (not TCP) port range 16384-16482 to your ATA's IP address.
I tried before, didn't work, and since the older FPL account works well behind the same router and in same ATA, so I don't think this is the cause.
- If that still does not solve the problem, please see if the following settings (which you tried before) now work:
Handle VIA received: yes
Handle VIA rport: yes
Substitute VIA Addr: yes
I tried, didn't work.

Good luck,
m.

Thanks Mango, Jake.
In fact, I've tried all efforts during last year with many solutions from this forum, for some time I tried use PBXes to manage the calls, it worked but PBXes doesn't allow us to have more than one account (I have my own account already) so the only workaround is stucked.
I do think at FPL server side, my two accounts are different, otherwise it can't explain why it works for one account but not for another, maybe the problemed account has got in trouble before (like Jake said) and needs to be recovered manually by FPL staff...
:(
Jay
j8van
Active Poster

Postby Mango » 01/06/2015

Okay, thanks for trying. I'm sure Support will get to your ticket soon.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby j8van » 01/08/2015

j8van wrote:
j8van wrote:

Thanks.

Hi, I have sent PM to Fongo Support, but it remains in the "Outbox" and hasn't been read for a day, can support team help process it? Thanks a lot.

It's been 3 days the PM is still not read. :(
Fongo Support seems on vacation? who else can I forward the PM to and have my request looked up sooner?
Jay
j8van
Active Poster

Postby xdigital » 01/08/2015

Just bought unlock key for new account, and having the same problem.
Opened a ticket and got an email back saying:
"We do not provide customer support for Freephoneline Desktop, Freephoneline VoIP Unlock Keys (SIP configuration files) and third party ATA devices. VoIP Unlock Keys should only be purchased by customers who understand networks and configuring SIP clients. Please check the Fongo Forum for Fongo customer discussion about third party ATA device configuration:
...This ticket will now be closed..." :cry:

I'm sure this problem is Freephoneline (Fongo) end!
This time it is my fourth account with FreePhoneLine.
Every times I bought an unlock key, I had to email them to get this fix
This time emailed them, they said they won't support without even looking into it!
xdigital
Just Passing Thru

Postby Mango » 01/08/2015

Hi xdigital,
Please verify that your device is configured exactly as per the official guide at viewforum.php?f=15
Once it is configured properly, please try to use voip3.freephoneline.ca and please report if this works properly.
If that also does not work, please let us know what router and ATA you are using so that we may provide more specific advice.
Good luck,
Mango
Mango
Tried and True

Postby xdigital » 01/08/2015

Switched to voip3.freephoneline.ca, It's working now.
Thank Mango.
xdigital
Just Passing Thru

Postby j8van » 01/12/2015

j8van wrote:
j8van wrote:
j8van wrote:Thanks.

It's been 3 days the PM is still not read. :(
Fongo Support seems on vacation? who else can I forward the PM to and have my request looked up sooner?

Sorry guys for the late update.

I have got the email from the support team:
"I have verified your account and forced a registration. Please power off ATA for 5 minutes and power back on after 5 minutes. "

I reconnect the ATA and it is working since then.....

Thanks to Fongo support
Jay
j8van
Active Poster

Cannot hear

Postby swallow3k » 01/26/2015

Hi there,

The porting from Bell to Freephoneline was just complete.

I'm using Grandstream GXP1400, and Bell Internet Service now.

After setup SIP on the phone and router (Bell Coonection Hub) for Port-Forwarding (UDP, 5060), I can use GXP1400 to dial out and receive a call. However, there is no audio on this phone, the other side can hear me. I have followed the phone instruction to test the phone and there is no problem.

Could you please kindly advise?

Thanks in advance!
swallow3k
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Grandstream GXP1400
ISP Name: Bell ADSL
Router: Bell Connection Hub

Postby Mango » 01/26/2015

Port 5060 should never be forwarded, because port forwarding disables your firewall. You should remove your forwarding unless things won't work any other way. If your phone doesn't ring without 5060 forwarded, change your phone's Local SIP Port to a random number between 20000 and 65535, and forward that port instead.

That is however not causing your one-way audio problem. Try to set your SIP Server to voip3.freephoneline.ca. Let us know if this makes things work properly.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby mennis » 01/31/2015

Tried using my friends working account, signed in - no problems... I have two way audio with his account.

Changed nothing accept the login information back to my account - one way audio...

Also interesting - FPL VOIP to VOIP is giving me two way audio (or my friend if he logs in as me), but non-VOIP to VOIP (or vice versa) has one way audio...

So summary:
House A: Existing setup with existing account - works fine - two way audio
House B: New VOIP unlock code - one way audio (unless FPL VOIP to VOIP - then there is two way audio)

To rule out home network, ATA settings, and ISP - swap accounts:
House B: Existing setup with existing account - works fine - two way audio
House A: New VOIP unlock code - one way audio (unless FPL VOIP to VOIP - then there is two way audio)

Definitely something with the account and not the user end.
mennis
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Grandstream ST702
Firmware Version: 1.0.6.1
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Mac OS X
Router: AirPort Extreme

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support