can't hear other side voice when make call or receive call

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Re: can't hear other side voice when make call or receive ca

Postby T2WIN » 02/20/2015

Argh I'm back to square one.
Inbound calls go straight to v-mail. Call log shows 2 entries for each call. First normal call clearing. Second disconnect reason = user busy.
Outbound starts with 11 quick beeps followed by dial tone. I can enter the 10 digits but get the following messages. That password is not valid, then, ..rejected by the service provider reason is 603. At least I'm getting feedback?
I reset OBI then updated to Rogers cable configuration.
OBITalk site shows registered. Test call works.
FPL site SIP Status = connected.

Thoughts?
T2WIN
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: OBI100
Computer OS: Win7
Router: TP-Link AC2 AC750 Gigabit

Postby Mango » 02/20/2015

I just found something interesting.

I set up a softphone with an FPL number, but the wrong password. It successfully registered, but I could not make or receive calls. I heard the same message you did.

Double check your password, noting that the password you use to log in to the FPL website is different.

When my softphone responded incorrectly to the challenge, FPL responded with 200 Auth failed. My softphone interpreted 200 as a successful registration. VoIP.ms responds with 403 Forbidden for auth failure, or 200 OK for success. I've never heard of 200 Auth failed before.

As for your inbound call problem, now that the symptoms have changed I'm going to disagree with my own post from before. I think you have DND enabled. Check Voice Services >> SP1 Service >> DoNotDIsturbEnable and see if I'm right.
Mango
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Toastman Tomato

Postby T2WIN » 02/20/2015

Thanks Mango, I did end up at the password since it's hidden and I couldn't verify. Updated it according to FPL page and it now outgoing calls work!
But the DoNotDisturbEnable is NOT checked off. Incoming still going to vmail.
Wait...Now the unit is ringing with an incoming call!! And it seems to be working!

Ok it seems all is working both ways now. Strange. Delays in systems activating?
Thanks again for your help.
T2WIN
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: OBI100
Computer OS: Win7
Router: TP-Link AC2 AC750 Gigabit

One way audio

Postby smichael777ca » 02/27/2015

Just replaced my modem/router. I currently have a Grandstream HT701 that was using a Hitron CGN3 from Rogers. I switched my Hitron with a Cisco DPC3825 last night(still Rogers). I am connected with a dial tone but when I make a call, I don't hear the ringing or the person on the other line.

I have port forwarding setup correctly (I think) and I placed the HT701 in DMZ on the router. Not sure what else needs to be done.

Anyone have a working config with these two devices that they can share with me?

Much Appreciated.

Mike
smichael777ca
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT701
Firmware Version: 1.0.6.1
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Windows 8
Router: CGN3ROG

Postby redzed1990 » 02/27/2015

Update to my earlier post on this subject.

There was a question about whether I was using the router as a bridge - the answer is no. I had a dumb modem from Rogers and needed a conventional router.

More interesting is my experience today when I switched my Internet access from Rogers to Primus. I again could not hear the other side of the call. This became apparent when testing my alarm system - it could not connect to the alarm station because it could not hear the incoming tone from the computer on the other end. This time I only had to change the proxy setting from voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 to voip3.freephoneline.ca to solve the problem.
redzed1990
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.3.3(015)
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: XP
Router: Linksys WRT54Gv8 w DD-WRT

Postby Mango » 02/27/2015

There were no reports of this for a while and I was hopeful that the admins had fixed voip, voip2, and voip4.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby Fongo Support » 02/27/2015

Mango wrote:Rats. There were no reports of this for a while and I was hopeful that the admins had fixed voip, voip2, and voip4.

Hi,

Sorry for my ignorance- who are the "rats"?

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

I apologize for the confusion. I wasn't referring to anyone. It was a statement to express mild disappointment like "bother" or "darn it".
Mango
Tried and True

Mango wrote:I apologize for the confusion. I wasn't referring to anyone. It was a statement to express mild disappointment like "bother" or "darn it".

Hi there,

Thanks for the clarification. I am sure that Jake and any mod can explain to you what work has been done so far from 2012 to present so you can have a better understanding of the back end before you make statements like the one above.

Regards
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

If I offended you, I regret that. It was not intentional.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby ckkatan » 02/27/2015

Fongo Support wrote:
Mango wrote:I apologize for the confusion. I wasn't referring to anyone. It was a statement to express mild disappointment like "bother" or "darn it".

Hi there,

Thanks for the clarification. I am sure that Jake and any mod can explain to you what work has been done so far from 2012 to present so you can have a better understanding of the back end before you make statements like the one above.

Regards

I would like to know what works have been done so far. Can this information be shared in the Forum? If not, please PM me as well. Thanks.
ckkatan
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Cisco
ISP Name: DSL
Router: Linksys

ckkatan wrote:
Fongo Support wrote:

Hi there,

Regards

I would like to know what works have been done so far. Can this information be shared in the Forum? If not, please PM me as well. Thanks.

Hi there,

I just send you a PM.

Please let me know if the service is working for you as per your expectations.

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: One way audio

Postby smichael777ca » 02/28/2015

smichael777ca wrote:Just replaced my modem/router. I currently have a Grandstream HT701 that was using a Hitron CGN3 from Rogers. I switched my Hitron with a Cisco DPC3825 last night(still Rogers). I am connected with a dial tone but when I make a call, I don't hear the ringing or the person on the other line.

I have port forwarding setup correctly (I think) and I placed the HT701 in DMZ on the router. Not sure what else needs to be done.

Anyone have a working config with these two devices that they can share with me?

Much Appreciated.

Mike

Anybody? :(
smichael777ca
Just Passing Thru

Postby Mango » 02/28/2015

Please try the following:

1) Disable DMZ and your port forwarding.
2) Follow the instructions in my post in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16292
3) Be sure your device is configured as per the PDF in the above thread, being sure to use voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 as the Primary SIP Server.

Let us know if that works.
Mango
Tried and True

Thanks for the help Mango. But when I made these changes, the phone tells me: "device not registered" :(
smichael777ca
Just Passing Thru

That's a new one.

Put your DMZ back in place, just for testing purposes and see if that solves the problem.

If that does not solve the problem, the other possibility is the server banned you for registering too frequently. In that case, you will need to disable DMZ and unplug your device for an hour.
Mango
Tried and True

Put the device back into DMZ and the phone works but i'm still back to square one with the one-way audio.
smichael777ca
Just Passing Thru

Postby Fongo Support » 02/28/2015

smichael777ca wrote:Put the device back into DMZ and the phone works but i'm still back to square one with the one-way audio.

Hi,

Please open a support ticket :

http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new

Send me a PM with the ticket# once you receive it.

Regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Done. Thanks so much for your help!
smichael777ca
Just Passing Thru

All good now. Thanks for the help Mango and Fongo! My account was indeed locked for some reason
smichael777ca
Just Passing Thru

To make sure I understand it correctly,

1) You submitted a ticket.
2) Fongo Support did something.
3) You did not change your configuration, but your service started working.

Is that right?
Mango
Tried and True

Just had to change my SIP password as they changed it
smichael777ca
Just Passing Thru

Choppy voice cant understand other person

Postby sean4702 » 03/18/2015

Hi there, I've read all the forums re: choppy voice and researched best codecs for voice etc. MY problem might be a bit different tho, and I hope someone has ideas? Before we did a port-forward with our bell home number, we enjoyed a fongo (FPL?) phone number and the it was great! the voice quality was great, and all calls were made successfully. We followed the generic setup for our ATA122 and DLINK615 (including basic QoS allowed).... With a minimum setup, the fongo number was awesome. We were ready to let go of our home line. Ever since we did the porting, its been a disaster. Most calls are 'garbled', and often we can't make out what the other person is saying. This is our biggest issue at the moment, but we have others too --> for example, sometimes we'll dial a number and get a totally different responder (ie, we'll make a local call and we end up rining a random person in another city!) -- and we've also rang a local number many times and it shows as number busy, but when we dial from our cell, it rings right thru... So, we're pretty disappointed with the porting and wish we could have the fongo (FPL) phone number back... :( Does anyone have suggestions?

After the porting and can't hear the other people, we've setup G711u as our first preferred codec, and g729a as our second preferred. finally, both the ATA122 and dlink615 have the latest firmware... but like said, everything was super awesome with the fongo number... what happened during the porting???

please and thanks!
sean4702
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: ATA122
Firmware Version: 1.3.5
ISP Name: WTC
Computer OS: Win Vista
Router: Dlink615

Postby splinter » 03/19/2015

my FPL can't hear other side voice, other side can hear my voice. it happen on both outgoing and incoming call, i use it for long time and no issue

my ISP is Acanac

when make outgoing call, I can't hear ring back tone,[/quote]

I have an the same issue new setup and Have set it up per guide. I have also set it up direct to remove the router as an issue. Sip status shows as connected on the management page.

Gone through the the forums at length

submitted a ticket but got the 'blow off' not supported response.

it seems the community here presents a good track record of support so I am reaching out for help Kind regards to all.

Splinter
splinter
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: HT702
Router: AC 1700 Nighthawk

Postby splinter » 03/22/2015

All working good now! Created a ticket and FPL forced registration. it seems the "blow off" response is automated. it was followed up with and now - Joy.... Porting request submitted <grin>
splinter
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: HT702
Router: AC 1700 Nighthawk

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support