can't hear other side voice when make call or receive call

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Re: can't hear other side voice when make call or receive ca

Postby Mango » 07/21/2015

Try to use your router to forward your ATA's RTP port range. This is identified on your ATA as RTP Port Min - RTP Port Max, by default 16384-16482. Forward UDP ports, not TCP. Let us know if that works.
Mango
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Toastman Tomato

Postby mh1983 » 07/22/2015

Mango wrote:Try to use your router to forward your ATA's RTP port range. This is identified on your ATA as RTP Port Min - RTP Port Max, by default 16384-16482. Forward UDP ports, not TCP. Let us know if that works.

Sorry to piggyback onto this thread, but my wife used our FPL today and found the recipient's voice would drop at times. For such a case, and in general, I was wondering if there's value in forwarding the HT701's RTP port range. If so, how can I tell what the range is for this particular ATA? Thanks in advance!
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Postby Mango » 07/22/2015

Forwarding RTP ports is only useful when there is no audio at all, because it is being dropped by your firewall. If audio is there, but is poor quality, forwarding ports will not be helpful.

Most likely your problem is due to congested bandwidth. If you turn off all other devices connected to the internet, does the problem persist? If so, it can be solved by setting up QoS on your router.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby mh1983 » 07/23/2015

Thanks, Mango. It was strange, because the voice quality was okay for the most part, but every now and then it seemed like the call dropped altogether. Then a voice prompt would announce "please wait", then the call came back. Has anyone reported anything like that before?

I couldn't reproduce this, myself, but to be safe I rebooted our router (and put it on an outlet timer to automatically reboot every night). All seems well today; we'll see.
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

Postby Mango » 07/23/2015

mh1983 wrote:Then a voice prompt would announce "please wait", then the call came back.

That is something I have absolutely never heard of. In that case, QoS will also probably not help, but I don't know what will. Perhaps some other forum member will be able to help you.
Mango
Tried and True

i can hear the caller but they can not hear me

Postby Bram14 » 08/05/2015

hello,
does anyone have any suggestion with my problem. if someone calls, i can hear the caller but they can not hear me. No changes made to the settings.
I rebooted the system several times. i am with rogers, spa112 ATA, Hitron CGN3 modem.

Bram14
Bram14
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.3.5(004p)
ISP Name: Rogers (cable)
Computer OS: osx 10.10.3
Router: asus

Outgoing calls not working

Postby rpeiris » 08/05/2015

Hi,
I'm not very tech savvy, so please bear with me.

Incoming calls work fine -- both parties can hear each other.
For outgoing calls, I can hear the person that I'm calling, but they can't hear me.

I have the softphone and use the HT286 ATP.
It was working without any issues until this afternoon, and then suddenly outgoing calls were a problem.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
rpeiris
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HandyTone 286
ISP Name: Rogers

Re: i can hear the caller but they can not hear me

Postby hanke » 08/06/2015

I am having the same problems..and it started yesterday about around 6pm. In coming callers cannot hear my outbound audio and if they hear anything its like chopped or static as if its trying to go through.

I even went as far as installing new ATA and same results exist still today. I can hear the callers all fine, but they basically just hear chopped static. So not sure what the problem is, system been running here for several years with out any issues.

Hopefully its something in the network. I have changed to voip2 server and encounter same issues.
hanke
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Outgoing Call - other party can't hear me

Postby jjtsl » 08/06/2015

Hi,

I have a home phone setup with a Cisco SPA3102. The phone line was working normally up until yesterday, but this morning, the other party on outgoing calls can't hear me. Incoming calls are working normally.

Please let me know what other information you require to help me resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Joe
jjtsl
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA3102
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Windows XP

Re: HT701 firmware 1.0.6.1

Postby Natalie » 08/13/2015

Okay, so I updated to firmware 1.0.7.3 and changed the SIP Register to WAN address; however, I still had no audio. I played around with the Primary SIP Server (switched it to all three provided, i.e., voip.freephoneline.ca, voip2.freephoneline.ca and voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060) but neither worked. Ended up trying voip3.freephoneline.ca and it worked.
Natalie
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: GrandStream HT 701
Firmware Version: 1.0.8.2
ISP Name: Oxio
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Eero 6

Re: HT701 firmware 1.0.6.1

Postby Mango » 08/14/2015

Thanks for letting us know this unfortunate problem is still occurring. I wish voip, voip2, and voip4 worked properly as voip3 does.

Out of curiosity, may I ask when you signed up for your FPL account / unlock key?
Mango
Tried and True

Postby Natalie » 08/14/2015

I just signed up for this FPL account/unlock key yesterday. I've had an FPL account before but never really took the plunge and set up an ATA.
Natalie
Just Passing Thru

Postby mh1983 » 08/14/2015

Had a similar issue though only temporarily and for a few calls. I'm on the same HT701/1.0.7.3 and official config. Is there something wrong with the official config or FPL's servers? (Or both?)
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

Postby Fongo Support » 08/14/2015

mh1983 wrote:Had a similar issue though only temporarily and for a few calls. I'm on the same HT701/1.0.7.3 and official config. Is there something wrong with the official config or FPL's servers? (Or both?)

Hi,

No issues at the moment.

http://status.fongo.com/

There was an issue last week but it got resolved right away.

Regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby Mango » 08/14/2015

mh1983 wrote:Had a similar issue though only temporarily and for a few calls.

Likely your issue is different from Natalie's. If you are experiencing the one-way audio issue that affects some customers on voip, voip2, and voip4, but not voip3, it will appear on every call and will not be sporadic.
Mango
Tried and True

I tried doing some research on here but can't get a definitive answer. Are we not recommended to use voip3 for long; is it a temporary SIP server? I have just tried voip and the audio works but it's not as clear (it cuts out when the person on the voip line is talking) in comparison to when it was set to voip3.
Natalie
Just Passing Thru

Postby Fongo Support » 08/14/2015

Natalie wrote:I tried doing some research on here but can't get a definitive answer. Are we not recommended to use voip3 for long; is it a temporary SIP server? I have just tried voip and the audio works but it's not as clear (it cuts out when the person on the voip line is talking) in comparison to when it was set to voip3.

Hi,

You should only use sip servers from the document below:

http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... redentials

*****Use of Fongo SIP Servers that are not listed in this document will result in your account being suspended.

I hope this clarifies.

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Fongo Support wrote:
Natalie wrote:I tried doing some research on here but can't get a definitive answer. Are we not recommended to use voip3 for long; is it a temporary SIP server? I have just tried voip and the audio works but it's not as clear (it cuts out when the person on the voip line is talking) in comparison to when it was set to voip3.

Hi,

You should only use sip servers from the document below:

http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... redentials

*****Use of Fongo SIP Servers that are not listed in this document will result in your account being suspended.

I hope this clarifies.

regards,

Thank you for the clarification.
Natalie
Just Passing Thru

Postby daman101 » 08/21/2015

I am also having this trouble. Have been for months. I've adjusted my settings accordingly. I've tried resetting my entire device and starting from scratch and still I am having about 9/10 calls be unusable because either I can't hear the other end or they cannot hear me. I've also tried voip1 and voip2.

If voip3 is a Fongo server and it's working fine, are we being pressured into signing up for Fongo? If that is the case, perhaps I will have to give my money to someone else then.

Sorry if I come off as being rude, but I'm getting frustrated here. I have a pregnant wife at home who may need to make an emergency phone call and I hope the VOIP servers are working when she does. Cellular reception is nil.
daman101
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
ISP Name: Xplornet
Router: Asus

Postby Mango » 08/22/2015

Does your service work properly if you (temporarily) use the voip3 server? If so,

Open a ticket: http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new
Send Fongo Support a PM with the ticket number: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7852

If you have the same problems with voip3, and if your ATA is configured correctly, then we need to investigate your router as a potential cause of the problem.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby daman101 » 08/24/2015

I will give it a try Mango. I was affraid to test the voip3 server because as stated above:

Even though my account is not working well, I didn't want to get suspended.
I will report back once I have a result.

Thank you.
daman101
Just Passing Thru

Account not working properly

Postby karlanda » 08/30/2015

I've set up a new FPL account. Using the softphone client when I place a call, I hear no ringing on the softphone. When the other end answers they can hear me, but I cannot hear them. I logout of the softphone and log in with a different user account on the same computer running the same softphone client and I do not have the problem. Can the issue be something on the fongo side?
karlanda
One Hit Wonder

Postby daman101 » 08/31/2015

The voip3 server did fix the problem for me. So I will be opening a ticket to have this fixed. I'm very glad it wasn't on my end though!

Thank you for your recommendation. Hopefully this can be resolved.
daman101
Just Passing Thru

Postby mikesil93 » 09/01/2015

Sharing experiences... I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10. After that I started experiencing the same issue: can't hear the other party, while FPL desktop app calls go through. When I checked, what local IP I'm connecting through, it was a VMWare adapter IP, despite I was not running a VM. Once a proper PC NIC card IP was selected at FreePhoneLine app startup, I no longer had any issues with hearing the other party or voice quality. Hope it'll help someone. :)
mikesil93
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Fongo Desktop
Firmware Version: 3.2.7
ISP Name: DSL
Computer OS: Win10

Postby daman101 » 09/04/2015

Hi all,

So I opened a ticket as recommended by Mango. The support recommendation seems to have worked. They simply asked me to try:

voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 as my Line1 proxy.

All seems well so far. I will give it a few days before I trust it entirely, but I thought I'd share in case it's able to help out someone else.

Cheers!
daman101
Just Passing Thru

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support