can't hear other side voice when make call or receive call

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Re: can't hear other side voice when make call or receive ca

Postby Vision » 09/10/2015

I'm having the exact same problem after changing to voip4. I'm not able to hear incoming calls, they're all silent. The other side can hear me, but I can't hear them.

All of this time I've been using voip3, but recently the call would get disconnected within 1 minute. After reading this thread, I will no longer use voip3.

I'm at a complete loss of words as to what to do. I've completely reset SPA112 and followed the guidelines to the letter; including Mango's VIA suggestion: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16206

I'm using Rogers CGN3 Hitron modem, i did use the voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 setting and that did not help. The home is an absolute turmoil, first calls getting disconnected with voip3; now we can't hear incoming calls.

Please help! I don't know what else I can do, reading some suggestions online. Would using public stun servers help?
Vision
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: CISCO SPA 112
Firmware Version: 1.4.0(001)
ISP Name: Rogers 250/20
Computer OS: Win7
Router: CGN3 Hitron

Postby Mango » 09/11/2015

I would rather see you not use a STUN server as it adds an additional point of failure.

Open a ticket: http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new
If your ticket is closed without investigation, send Fongo Support a PM with the ticket number: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7852
Mango
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Toastman Tomato

Callers getting echoes with FPL desktop on my MacBookAir

Postby BWBW » 09/15/2015

Greetings.

I have the FPL desktop app on my MacBook Air. Every time I get an incoming call, the caller is getting horrendous echoes of their own voice. I haven't been able to complete one call without this complaint and I end up having to call the caller back on my cellphone.

I've tried the following by calling myself from my cellphone to the desktop app and by asking the suffering callers to help me out:

1. Changing the volume on my MBA to lessen possibility they're picking up their own voice on my MBA - no change.
2. Stuck my finger over the MBA microphone on left side, beside the microphone plug, to 'quiet' outgoing noise (to eliminate the echo coming from my MBA back to the caller) - no change.
3. Went into the other room with my cellphone (and certainly out of immediate sound range of the MBA) and I was still getting horrendous echoing.

The only time there's no echoing is when someone leaves me a voicemail.

I also use Skype and Google Talk and never have problems so I don't see how it would be my ISP speed.

I'm not really interested in getting an adapter and yet another monthly phone bill so this is the set-up I want to stick with.

Any idea how to fix this?
BWBW
One Hit Wonder

Computer OS: OS 10.9.5
Router: AirPort Express

FPL One way audio

Postby jdschwass » 09/17/2015

Hey all, I am new to VOIP, and to internet configuring, but eager enough to learn, so please bear with me and speak slowly.

I bought a VOIP unlock key with FPL. My ATA is a HT-701. My router is a D-Link DIR-615.
The problem I am having is with one way audio. Whether I call out, or receive calls, I cannot hear the other person, but they can hear me. However if I call my voicemail, I can hear the menu perfectly.
I have searched the web endlessly trying to solve this with no luck.
I tried to set up the ATA as per the recommendations found on this forum. (thanks!)
I am currently using the voip4 SIP server.
I have tried port forwarding, and also temporarily running the ATA in DMZ with no effect on one way audio.
I also tried plugging the ATA directly into my ISP modem and still not luck, leading me to believe that the router is not related to this issue.
I have tried lots of different config changes within my ATA as well, including the NAT traversal options, STUN servers, changing ports, etc etc. Nothing is working.
Every other aspect of the system is working great, i.e. voicemail, call display, ringing, etc. I don’t know if this could be a problem with my ISP, or if I am doing something wrong?

Any thoughts? Thanks!
jdschwass
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: HT-701
ISP Name: GB Tel
Computer OS: WIN7
Router: D-LINK DIR-615

Postby Mango » 09/17/2015

1) Please disable your port forwarding, DMZ, and STUN server, if you haven't already.
2) If you did not use the official guide to set up your ATA, here it is: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16292
3) I realize you tried to bypass your router, but just in the interests of completeness, please set the following from within your router's configuration: Advanced >> Firewall Settings >> SIP: (Unchecked)

If none of this solves the problem, please try to set your Primary SIP Server to voip3.freephoneline.ca - for testing purposes only. If voip3 works,

Open a ticket http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new and state that you only hear two-way audio on voip3.
If your ticket is closed without investigation, send Fongo Support a PM with the ticket number: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7852

If voip3 doesn't work, come back here and we will troubleshoot further.
Mango
Tried and True

Excellent, thank you.
I will make these changes as you stated.
I will check my config as per the guide, just to be sure again.
I have already unchecked SIP in the router firewall, but I will remove port forwarding.
I will give the voip3 a try and report back.
Thanks for your time.
jdschwass
Just Passing Thru

jdschwass wrote:Excellent, thank you.
I will make these changes as you stated.
I will check my config as per the guide, just to be sure again.
I have already unchecked SIP in the router firewall, but I will remove port forwarding.
I will give the voip3 a try and report back.
Thanks for your time.

Okay. Made all the change as above, and checked against setup manual. Turns out if I use voip.freephoneline.ca, voip2, OR voip3, my device will not register. The home page for my ATA simply says "device not registered". If I change back to voip4...:6060, then the ATA will register, however back to the one way audio!
Is this a common problem with setup? Or is this a FPL issue?
Thanks.
jdschwass
Just Passing Thru

Postby Mango » 09/18/2015

Based on the symptoms it sounds like you have two routers - one provided by your ISP, and your D-Link one. There are two troubleshooting steps to try next. One is to place your ISP's router in bridge mode. The other is to open a ticket. Let us start with whichever is easier for you.

Open a ticket http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new
Mango
Tried and True

Postby jdschwass » 09/18/2015

My ISP connects a dish to a "power injector", which just has LAN in, LAN out, and a power supply. Is this acting as a router? Im not sure if it is configurable...
jdschwass
Just Passing Thru

Postby Mango » 09/18/2015

If you want to see if my guess is correct, navigate to the Status page of your D-Link router and check your IP Address from within the WAN section. Post the first two octets here, keeping the last two parts to yourself to protect your privacy.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby jdschwass » 09/18/2015

I will check out the IP in the router when I am back at home. Had my wife snap a pic of the back side of the ISP's modem/power injector and it is a Ubiquiti GP-A240-050. Not sure if this is considered a router, or even is configurable, so going to do some reaearch.
jdschwass
Just Passing Thru

Postby jdschwass » 09/21/2015

Hey, so I have made some progress. I reset the modem from the ISP, then spent the weekend without internet... hence the delay. So I have things back up and running, and I picked up a standard network switch and eliminated my d-link all together. Now I only have the ISP modem running and nothing else. I tried switching my SIP server again, and I now voip, voip2, and voip3 are all able to register, I can place and receive calls, but still no audio. What next?
jdschwass
Just Passing Thru

my freephoneline voice quality became bad recently

Postby yangchen » 09/25/2015

I use Cisco SPA 112. My fpl worked very well for a few years. But recently the voice quality became bad. Sometimes the voice quality is ok. But a lot of times, I can hear the other side clearly, the other side can't hear me clearly. The voice is clear for a few seconds and becomes bad for another few seconds and this pattern repeats during the entire conversation. I have tried using both voip2.freephoneline and voip.freephoneline.ca and nothing helped.
yangchen
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA 112
Firmware Version: 1.3.5
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Router: Fortigate 60C Firewall

Postby Mango » 09/25/2015

Your symptoms are most often due to some other computer or device on your network using too much internet bandwidth and not leaving enough for VoIP. To test to see if my theory is correct, shut down your computers, and disconnect any other internet-using device. If you have unsecured WiFi, disable it. Now, make a test call. If audio is good, you can permanently solve the problem by setting up your router's QoS features. If your router doesn't offer QoS, I recommend upgrading to any router compatible with Tomato firmware: http://tomato.groov.pl/?page_id=69
Mango
Tried and True

When people call, no ring on their side but.....

Postby maximebeauvais » 10/18/2015

On my side, I heard the ring and I could answer and talk with them.

First time it does that.

Thanks for your help
maximebeauvais
Active Poster

ISP Name: Bell Fibre 25/25
Router: Bell Home Hub 2000

Re: When people call, no ring on their side but.....

Postby Fongo Support » 10/19/2015

maximebeauvais wrote:On my side, I heard the ring and I could answer and talk with them.

First time it does that.

Thanks for your help

Hi,

What is the model of your ATA device and of your wireless router?

Who is your Internet Provider (ISP)?

let me know.

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby maximebeauvais » 10/20/2015

Fongo Support wrote:
maximebeauvais wrote:On my side, I heard the ring and I could answer and talk with them.

First time it does that.

Thanks for your help

Hi,

What is the model of your ATA device and of your wireless router?

Who is your Internet Provider (ISP)?

let me know.

regards,

just take a look under my username, everything is there :o
maximebeauvais
Active Poster

ISP Name: Bell Fibre 25/25
Router: Bell Home Hub 2000

Postby Fongo Support » 10/20/2015

just take a look under my username, everything is there :o

Hi,

I would probably reset OBI device to factory and reconfigure it.

Can you try and let me or Mango know?

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

No outgoing Voice Issue

Postby minimouse » 10/21/2015

Specifics
Code: Select all
My modem-router is SR505N
Three members of the household use Fongo mobile on Android phones. All have the same issue.
Also have Freephoneline on PAP2T ATA with no issues.

For some time ago I did a factory reset my SR505N and can't for the life of me figure out why my Fongo mobile stopped working on WiFi. This is unusual because I had done nothing to set up Fongo mobile when I first set up the modem, and it seemed to work fine.

When I dial out my voice doesn't go to other people. My Fongo phone number shows up as a private number, which is fine but might also be part of the issue.

I searched the forum and found some people seem to opening the port 5060, 5004, and a bunch of others. I have done this and it still has not worked, so I would like some help fixing this.

Cheers!
minimouse
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Computer OS: Win XP, Win 8

Grandstream HT702 - One Way Voice Problem

Postby akoss » 10/30/2015

Hi Guys,

I am looking for some help with my newly purchased Grandstream HT702. I am able to place an call but i have no audio on my device, the person on the other end can hear me clearly.

I used the instruction in this thread to set up the box: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16344

I followed all the steps in the pdf, updated the firmware to 1.0.8.2, and set SIP REGISTER Contact Header Uses to WAN address.

Unfortunately after this setup i was getting one way audio, after digging on the forum I set up port forwarding on 5060 and 5004 on my router for the ip of the HT702 box. Additionally I set up the box with the static ip and changed the setting to no for Randon SIP and RTP ports however the issue still presists.
Use Random SIP Port: No Yes
Use Random RTP Port: No Ye

Could someone please help me to get it working? I notices in the status tab that the NAT is set to unknown NAT could that be the problem?
Product Model: HT702
Hardware Version: V2.0B Part Number -- 9610002020B
Software Version: Program -- 1.0.8.2 Bootloader -- 1.0.0.9 Core -- 1.0.8.2 Base -- 1.0.8.2
CPE --
System Up Time: 01:41:57 up 44 min
PPPoE Link Up: Disabled
NAT: Unknown NAT
Port Status:
Port Hook User ID Registration
FXS 1 On Hook 1289******* Registered
akoss
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT7012
Firmware Version: 1.0.8.2
ISP Name: Bell Fibe
Computer OS: Win 10
Router: Bell HomeHub 2000

Postby Mango » 10/30/2015

Since the port forwarding did not work, please disable it as it introduces a security risk.

Let's test to see if a SIP ALG is causing the problem. Please set:
Primary SIP Server: voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060
Local SIP port: 29295

If that does not work, please set the following. This is for testing purposes only since it is not a supported server:
Primary SIP Server: voip3.freephoneline.ca

Please let us know the results of these tests and we'll let you know where to go from there.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby akoss » 10/30/2015

Hi,

I tried the following setting:

1. Disable port forwarding.
2. Set :
Primary SIP Server: voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060
Local SIP port: 29295
Applied setting and rebooted.

It worked, thank you very much :)
akoss
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT7012
Firmware Version: 1.0.8.2
ISP Name: Bell Fibe
Computer OS: Win 10
Router: Bell HomeHub 2000

User ID issue?

Postby samiam » 10/30/2015

Hi,

I have 2 phone numbers with FPL. had the first one for a couple years now, and purchased another today. with my pap2 ata setup as is, my original number works fine. when i only change the username and password to the new number, i'm not able to hear a ringing after dialing or the person on the other end, although they can hear me.

i get a dial tone, all else seems ok. just not hearing the other end. ive tried switching back to the old number with all the same settings and it works fine. Not sure why the username would cause this, but wondering if anyone can help me with this.

thanks
samiam
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: pap2
Firmware Version: 5.1.3 LS
ISP Name: Bell dsl
Computer OS: win 8
Router: Bell router

Postby Mango » 10/30/2015

Sweet :D

Edit: This was a reply to akoss.
Mango
Tried and True

Re: User ID issue?

Postby Fongo Support » 11/01/2015

samiam wrote:Hi,

I have 2 phone numbers with FPL. had the first one for a couple years now, and purchased another today. with my pap2 ata setup as is, my original number works fine. when i only change the username and password to the new number, i'm not able to hear a ringing after dialing or the person on the other end, although they can hear me.

i get a dial tone, all else seems ok. just not hearing the other end. ive tried switching back to the old number with all the same settings and it works fine. Not sure why the username would cause this, but wondering if anyone can help me with this.

thanks

Hi,

Can you try Mango's suggestion?

Please let me know.

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support