Thoughts on FPL deleting accounts after 90 days of inactity

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

Thoughts on FPL deleting accounts after 90 days of inactity

Postby blueribbonchoco » 07/01/2015

http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... t-deleted- says

FreePhoneLine Accounts which have not been used to place an outgoing call for over 90 days are considered inactive and are subject to deletion

1. Some of use our FPL accounts purely for receiving calls. We wish that you did not force us to have to place an outgoing call just to keep our account active.
2. If my thought in No. 1 won't move you to change your minds, may I humbly suggest:
a. Send us an email warning us that the 90th day is upcoming and to place an outgoing call soon.
b. Increase the inactivity period from 90 days to 1 year.

Fellow freephoneline users, what do you think? Do you use your FPL number purely for receiving calls too? Whether or not you use it for 100% incoming or !00% outgoing or a mixture of incoming and outgoing calls:
a. Wouldn't you appreciate a warning email?
b. Increasing the inactivity period from 90 days to 1 year?

FPL staff, what are your thoughts?
blueribbonchoco
Just Passing Thru

Re: Thoughts on FPL deleting accounts after 90 days of inact

Postby Jake » 07/02/2015

Personally, my thoughts are if the number is important to you support FPL and stump up for the unlock key and you account will not be closed.

The phone numbers are how they make most of their money I believe (from incoming call termination). If you are getting one call every couple of months then you can understand why they might want to release that number and give it to someone who gets a lot more calls. If you do get more calls than a couple a month, then you really should think about buying the unlock key to secure the number if nothing else.

As far as I know, they do send out emails. But I know a lot have mentioned that they didn't get any. This policy seems to have changed over the years, at one stage it used to include incoming calls. Maybe that changed once they realised our friendly fax spammer (New Windows anyone?) would be keeping all the accounts open.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby blueribbonchoco » 07/10/2015

FPL staff,
I'd love to get your response.
Fongo staff Jake has responded, but because he's not FPL staff, it's not official.
blueribbonchoco
Just Passing Thru

Postby 46jimbo » 07/10/2015

Would buying $5 in World Credits keep the number alive?
46jimbo
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Grandstream 286
Router: Asus RT-N13U Rev.B1

Re: Freephoneline - $59.95* - things you need to know

Postby kuan » 08/28/2015

I just sign on a freephoneline number, I have old ontario phone number by vonage canada. I live in US now. I want park my number in FPL.
May I just porting my number with 25 dollars payment to FPL without purchase unlock file because I can just use PC to receive my call?
after paying 25 dollar for porting, deleting account for 90 days no activity still apply?
what payment method can go through, beside credit card
    issue by canadian bank?
    Thanks
    kuan
    Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: fpl

Postby nlemay » 09/09/2015

Buying the unlock key (50$) to get rid of the 90 days delays look like a good deal to me. Plus, it gives you the key that make it possible to connect it on a VOIP phone.
    nlemay
    Just Passing Thru

Postby mh1983 » 02/09/2016

The key is actually $70 now, but I still think it's a good deal (one time payment).
    mh1983
    Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
    Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
    ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
    Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
    Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
    Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Return to Suggestions & Feedback