Unable to call US number - rejected by service provider 487

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Unable to call US number - rejected by service provider 487

Postby Puissance » 02/01/2021

Hi,

I'm having a hard time finding a resolution to my problem online... We are trying to dial a US (international) number, but the message we receive is that the call is rejected by the service provider, reason 487. Canada-wide calling is working for both incoming and outgoing calls. I also have $5 of world credits still sitting in my account.

In the call logs, the disconnect reason is "Normal call clearing" with a 0 second duration. I'm using the Obi200 adapter and using voip4.freephoneline.ca because we're using Rogers cable for internet with the Hitron modem.

If anyone has any ideas on how to resolve this, it would be greatly appreciated if you could share your thoughts.

Thanks!
Puissance
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: OBi200
Firmware Version: 3.2.2 (5921EX)
ISP Name: Rogers Cable

Re: Unable to call US number - rejected by service provider

Postby Liptonbrisk » 02/01/2021

1) Are you positive the number you are attempting to reach is an active, working number?

For example, do you hear "Your call can't be completed as dialed" or "All circuits are busy" when dialing from a regular landline or cellphone?

2) Dial ***1
a)enter the IP address you're told into your web browser. Login to your ATA.
b)Navigate to Status-->Call History
c) Locate the call
d) Did the ATA attempt to call the number you dialed? Was the full phone number sent correctly?

Given that you've probably already seen the number listed in FPL's call logs, I'm guessing the full number was sent, but I just want to make sure.

3) Double check your Digitmap: download/file.php?id=2162
Refer to page 19

If you haven't already used that guide to check your ATA's settings fully, do so now.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Return to Community Support