service down or just me :)?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Voicemail Forwarding Email

Postby alcos » 09/15/2014

Hi,

I purchased the VOIP unlock key years ago. Everything was fine with my voicemail. I had my VM forwarded to my email for also years.
Since several months (5-6 months), the Voicemail Forwarding Email feature doesn't work anymore. :!: The VM works fine, but I don't receive a copy in my email anymore.

I tried several other email addresses, disabling and re-enabling the feature. No luck.

Here are my settings:
Voicemail settings
- Voicemail Forwarding Email: (my email address)
- Use password for: Remote access only
- Voicemail to Email: copy

Now I'm taking the time to write down my problem and if someone can help me fix it I would be so glad.

Regards,
alcos
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2872)
ISP Name: Bell Fibe
Computer OS: Windows 7 x64
Router: DIR825-DD-WRT v24-sp1 (VPN)
Smartphone Model: Nexus 4
Android Version: 4.2.2

Mic does not function with Samsung Tab

Postby 1234johns » 09/15/2014

I have installed Fongo on my Samsung Tab4. Calls out to third parties cannot hear me. I can hear them. I have over ridden the default mic volume to no avail.
There is no issue with the headset. It functions perfectly on other apps such as Skype. Is there some incompatibility between the Fongo and Android/Samsung software?
1234johns
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Samsung Tab4
ISP Name: NA
Computer OS: Android 4.2

Re: Mic does not function with Samsung Tab

Postby Fongo Support » 09/16/2014

1234johns wrote:I have installed Fongo on my Samsung Tab4. Calls out to third parties cannot hear me. I can hear them. I have over ridden the default mic volume to no avail.
There is no issue with the headset. It functions perfectly on other apps such as Skype. Is there some incompatibility between the Fongo and Android/Samsung software?

Hi there,

Please try this:

http://support.fongo.com/entries/250659 ... r-Android-

Let me know.

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: Voicemail Forwarding Email

Postby Fongo Support » 09/16/2014

alcos wrote:Hi,

I purchased the VOIP unlock key years ago. Everything was fine with my voicemail. I had my VM forwarded to my email for also years.
Since several months (5-6 months), the Voicemail Forwarding Email feature doesn't work anymore. :!: The VM works fine, but I don't receive a copy in my email anymore.

I tried several other email addresses, disabling and re-enabling the feature. No luck.

Here are my settings:
Voicemail settings
- Voicemail Forwarding Email: (my email address)
- Use password for: Remote access only
- Voicemail to Email: copy

Now I'm taking the time to write down my problem and if someone can help me fix it I would be so glad.

Regards,

Hi there,

If it was working for 3 years and it stopped working today, I suggest to open a support ticket.

Regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby 1234johns » 09/17/2014

Fongo Support wrote:
1234johns wrote:I have installed Fongo on my Samsung Tab4. Calls out to third parties cannot hear me. I can hear them. I have over ridden the default mic volume to no avail.

Hi there,

Please try this:

Let me know.

Thanks,

Thanks for the suggestion but the Java audio function is already turned on.
1234johns
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Samsung Tab4
ISP Name: NA
Computer OS: Android 4.2

Postby Fongo Support » 09/17/2014

1234johns wrote:
Fongo Support wrote:

Hi there,

Please try this:

Let me know.

Thanks,

Thanks for the suggestion but the Java audio function is already turned on.

Hi there,

I suggest to open a support ticket for this issue .

http://support.fongo.com/entries/478970 ... s-Android-

or check this:

http://support.fongo.com/entries/250748 ... s-Android-

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: service down or just me :)?

Postby smichael777ca » 09/20/2014

Opened a ticket. Will keep you guys posted
smichael777ca
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT701
Firmware Version: 1.0.6.1
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Windows 8
Router: CGN3ROG

Postby smichael777ca » 09/26/2014

Just to updated everyone. I opened a ticket with fpl/fongo and they ended up changing my telephone number. All is well now. Thanks fongo!
smichael777ca
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT701
Firmware Version: 1.0.6.1
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Windows 8
Router: CGN3ROG

number not in service

Postby stangri » 10/02/2014

I've had my FPL number for a few years, but today I've noticed that any calls to that number end up with the voice message "the number you have dialed is not in service".

Howcome my number is suddenly not in service? I've logged into my FPL account and everything looks fine, even the desktop app is registered.

I've checked the service status -- everything is green, the service downtime announcements and there's nothing! What's going on?

PS. Funny that when FPL craps out on your most loyal customers, Fongo numbers are still working just fine.
stangri
Just Passing Thru

Postby Jake » 10/02/2014

@Stangri
FPL and Fongo work on different servers so if one service is down then there is a good chance the other is up.

For your 'not in service error', have you tried to place calls through the desktop app? Can you call your number from another FPL or Fongo number? It might be that internal calls are working, but outside calls are not getting through.

Personally I would send in a support ticket so they can check into your account.
Jake
Technical Support

Jake -- the calls made to my number (from the cellphone, landline, non-internet connected world) result in that message. I honestly don't see how making calls out would help troubleshoot it (I do get "circuits are busy" message tho).

I did submit a ticket right away and to add an insult to an injury I was asked back what kind of modem do I have. I used to recommend buying an unlock key from FPL to friends now I can only recommend they stay away. Problems are OK, inability to even approach a problem when submitted in a ticket by the support staff is totally unacceptable.

PS. On an off-topic note, I like your choice of firmware for the router. ;)
stangri
Just Passing Thru

Postby Fongo Support » 10/02/2014

stangri wrote:Jake -- the calls made to my number (from the cellphone, landline, non-internet connected world) result in that message. I honestly don't see how making calls out would help troubleshoot it (I do get "circuits are busy" message tho).

I did submit a ticket right away and to add an insult to an injury I was asked back what kind of modem do I have. I used to recommend buying an unlock key from FPL to friends now I can only recommend they stay away. Problems are OK, inability to even approach a problem when submitted in a ticket by the support staff is totally unacceptable.

Hi there,

Unfortunately the issue you are experiencing cannot be resolved in public Forums.

I suggest to reply back to the ticket and provide additional details. That will speed up resolution.

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the entry level support personnel is capable of resolving the issue either, that's why I'm posting my frustration here.

PS. I did of course reply to the ticket with all the irrelevant information requested.
stangri
Just Passing Thru

stangri wrote:Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the entry level support personnel is capable of resolving the issue either, that's why I'm posting my frustration here.

PS. I did of course reply to the ticket with all the irrelevant information requested.

Hi there,

re->]Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the entry level support personnel is capable of resolving the issue either, that's why I'm posting my frustration here.

I hope you will get it resolved very soon.

Looks kike a configuration error and not an account issue.

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby Jake » 10/02/2014

stangri wrote:Jake -- the calls made to my number (from the cellphone, landline, non-internet connected world) result in that message. I honestly don't see how making calls out would help troubleshoot it (I do get "circuits are busy" message tho).

The reason I asked if you could make outgoing calls is to find if your service is completely down, or just partially. I know FPL are able to put blocks on your account and it would help to know how limited your line is. A block may have been placed on your account, accidentally or intentionally, that has disrupted your account.

Why they asked about the modem is because some Rogers modems don't play nice with the standard servers so they have set up special ones. If you are using a Hitron modem they would have probably suggested to use this special server.

From what I can see on the forum you don't say how you are trying to use the service (solely via the app or with an ATA) so there may have been some investigation questions on their part. Either way it looks like you have got some clues to go by now so hopefully you will up and running again soon.

The router and firmware is OK, but I feel a bit naked as the version is a little old. Because I have to use MLPPP here to get a decent internet speed the firmware is very old - which scares me a little - but it holds up very well and does it's job perfectly.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby nauru » 10/02/2014

My service seems to be down, I'm not sure if there's a new configuration I should be using? No dial tone, no incoming or outgoing calls. I'm using PAP2T like I have for years, haven't touched or changed anything recently.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
nauru
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Linksys WRT54GS w/ Tomato

No service -- please help?

Postby nauru » 10/02/2014

Currently Using PAP2T. Didn't change any settings. No service, incoming or outgoing. The line 1 light is also off on the Pap2t (the freephoneline light). Voip.ms on line 2 still works fine, and the other 3 lights on the pap2t are fine. Please help?
nauru
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: Eastlink
Router: Linksys WRT54GS w/ Tomato

Postby Felmar » 10/02/2014

Same here in Richmond Hill, ON. Service going went down couple days ago during day time and today completely down.
Unplagging ATA (SPA2102) for 10, 20, etc mins doesn't help. :x
Felmar
Just Passing Thru

Computer OS: W-XP

Felmar wrote:Same here in Richmond Hill, ON. Service going went down couple days ago during day time and today completely down.

Hi there,

I can confirm that all FPL servers are up and running with no issues.

To check the status:

http://status.fongo.com/

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby Felmar » 10/03/2014

Fongo Support wrote:
Felmar wrote:Same here in Richmond Hill, ON. Service going went down couple days ago during day time and today completely down.

Hi there,

To check the status:

Thanks,

Despite off all those green reports no service yet. Just one red light flashing on ATA.
Felmar
Just Passing Thru

Computer OS: W-XP

Postby Fongo Support » 10/03/2014

Felmar wrote:
Fongo Support wrote:

Hi there,

To check the status:

Thanks,

Despite off all those green reports no service yet. Just one red light flashing on ATA.

Hi there,

I suggest to check your device config against the below:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16334

If it's still not working, after you verified ATA configuration, you should open a support ticket:

http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby lolka » 10/03/2014

:o
Felmar wrote:... Just one red light flashing on ATA.

Any of the 24 oz Estwings should fix that. :roll:

Followed by a quick trip to your local ATA retailer. :twisted:
lolka
Just Passing Thru

People calling me and saying i called them but I never did

Postby tony_qc » 10/03/2014

Hi, I receive many calls of people saying I have called them but I never did.

thank you
tony_qc
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: LATEST
ISP Name: Teksavvy
Router: R6300
Smartphone Model: iPhone 5
iOS Version: 6

Incomming calls not working

Postby piracha1 » 10/13/2014

When someone calls me my phone doesn't ring but outgoing works fine.

I have tested two other phones with fongo on the same box same port and they are working perfecly fine so it seems like the issue is at the server level. Please let me know how can this be fixed.
piracha1
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: linksys spa2102

Postby nav » 10/14/2014

Freephone line $50 VOIP not working since yesterday. Location -brampton
checked everything. Didnt find any issues with cables, ada, internet or handset.

PLEASE UPDATE
nav
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: cisco
ISP Name: dsl bell

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support